Little J Stream Access Update...

Started by Woolly Bugger, August 08, 2007, 14:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Railroad joins Little Juniata River access fight
Exclusive club told to remove fencing, no trespassing signs

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07220/807724-85.stm

When I was fishing the Madison I ran into a couple of fishermen from PA who had just recently fished this formerly pirated public stream. Donny Beaver had some "goons" out and casting across their lines! Hope this jerk loose the appeal
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

phg

Keith, take the 'l' off the end and the link will work.  It's just '.stm'

Definitely good news for the fishing public, though.  The Little Jaunita has been a bone of contention for years.

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

jscagline

I used to fish the "J" back in the early to late 70's.....it was good then but haven't fished it since the mid eighties.  I heard it was fantastic.  Love the Leukon hatch!
The truth hurts but not as much as a gas guzzling, eco wrecking SUV hitting you at 100 MPH!  Yeah baby, yeah!

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: jscagline on August 08, 2007, 19:02:04 PM
I used to fish the "J" back in the early to late 70's.....it was good then but haven't fished it since the mid eighties.  I heard it was fantastic.  Love the Leukon hatch!

It's still good and even better not that they have regained public control over it... keep the Donny Beavers of the world off of the water!
me -There's a season?

Boykin

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on August 08, 2007, 14:19:20 PM

When I was fishing the Madison I ran into a couple of fishermen from PA who had just recently fished this formerly pirated public stream. Donny Beaver had some "goons" out and casting across their lines! Hope this jerk loose the appeal
I have been a guest at Donny's club (Spring Ridge Club) numerous times and always enjoy his company. I love fishing Spruce Creek just above where it dumps into the Little J.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Boykin on August 11, 2007, 07:58:25 AM
Quote from: Woolly Bugger on August 08, 2007, 14:19:20 PM

I have been a guest at Donny's club (Spring Ridge Club) numerous times and always enjoy his company. I love fishing Spruce Creek just above where it dumps into the Little J.

Well I guess you are one of the "chosen" with membership running $85,000 Donny Beaver continues to try to take public water and privatize it for his own personal gain. This court ruling in PA has opened this stretch of water back to the public.
me -There's a season?

phg

Oh, come on, Wooly, that's pure spam!  Someone joins the board for the sole purpose of extolling the virtues of Donnie Beaver and his club? >:D  It was either a bot, or a PR agent, but either way it ain't legit.

Boykin

Quote from: phg on August 11, 2007, 13:19:49 PM
Oh, come on, Wooly, that's pure spam!  Someone joins the board for the sole purpose of extolling the virtues of Donnie Beaver and his club? >:D  It was either a bot, or a PR agent, but either way it ain't legit.
Neither of those. I just was looking on the internet for a flyfishing message board. I happened upon this one. I live in Lexington, NC. I fish 3-4 times a week. Mostly at the South Holston or Jackson River. Sometimes the Smith. As for the land issue at Spring Ridge, I really dont have an opinion either way. I am just glad to get to fish there. The guys that work there are some of the nicest you will ever find. The water aint too bad either.

Woolly Bugger

Welcome Boykin,

A lot of us from the board fish the TN tailwaters, and the Smith, have not been to the Jackson yet but a trip is planned in the near future...

We also fish for Smallies on the New and James Rivers.

me -There's a season?

Boykin

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on August 11, 2007, 18:25:15 PM
Welcome Boykin,

A lot of us from the board fish the TN tailwaters, and the Smith, have not been to the Jackson yet but a trip is planned in the near future...

We also fish for Smallies on the New and James Rivers.

Thanks for the welcome guys. I have been hanging out on a duck hunting website. There has just gotten to be too much bickering on there.
I used to fish the Smith regularly. Great river and not too far from home. I love the sulpher hatch and the small BWO winter hatch. I have a fly that kills them in the winter. Its about a 26 bwo. My favorite time on the Holston is Nov-Feb.
Anyways, I look forward to hanging out here. Wooly, good luck on the Jackson! Its a pretty special place with zero preasure. Not alot of big fish left but the hatches are incredible. Tons of fish in the 8-13 inch range. Mostly rainbows.

flatlander

Hey Jeff.  Welcome to the board.  It's Malcolm

Boykin

Quote from: flatlander on August 12, 2007, 08:07:33 AM
Hey Jeff.  Welcome to the board.  It's Malcolm
Malcom, Hope all is well. Have you been on the Holston lately? I am waiting on dove season to open. I have a great field planted about 5 min from your work. Call me and lets go one evening.

flatlander

Jeff,
I was on the Holston this past Saturday.  It was about as crowded as I have ever seen it but the fishing was very, very good with some really nice fish.  I would be all over the dove hunt.