Day 6~ Boulder River.... Awesome....

Started by Woolly Bugger, July 20, 2007, 00:47:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Went and talked shop at Jedi's business and since I was over in Livingston I stopped in @ Dan Bailey's and got directions to the Boulder and picked up some simulators too. It was about 10:30 when I got on the water and it was already hot! I got off the water @ 8:15. Caught at least 40 fish... about half were 8 ~10 a quarter were 12 ~13 and the rest were 14 ~ 15, a couple that broke off or threw the hook were pushing 18.

pics posted...

http://www.kbrcomm.com/ssp/smithriver.html

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

peter p

Woolly

Are you having a good time?  I am not as I am jealous of your daily reports as I sit here watching the clock waiting for the weekend.   
Peter

troutphisher

I look at the pano view and can see a couple of spots I wouldn't mind nymphing through!
Man I wish I was there!!!!!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Trout Maharishi

Me and your wife are having a ball. She said it's OK with her if you stay an extra week >:D
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Larry

I'm enjoying your posts and wishing I was there as well. Hope you continue to have good success. Your pictures are great.  ;)

Larry

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: troutphisher on July 20, 2007, 07:25:53 AM
I look at the pano view and can see a couple of spots I wouldn't mind nymphing through!
Man I wish I was there!!!!!

AB shot (or 2 BB) and a prince nymph! Ruled the day!

TP i caught fish after fish in this area. 

The dry fly thing wasn't working as the wind was blowing through there....
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

flatlander

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: flatlander on July 20, 2007, 08:34:02 AM
No Hoppers yet?

wind was crazy wicked (hat holding) and i had to give up on the dry fly thing... I did catch the first two on hoppers,
me -There's a season?

flatlander

Wind is what makes the hopper fishing go nuts...when they all start blowing in the water.  Put down that wimpy boo and pick up a real rod Woolly! >:D

greg

The best 2 fishing days of my life were spent on this river.  Sounds like a great day and trip.  Have not been to Montana to fish in several years.  Got to get back.