News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Day 10 -

Started by Woolly Bugger, July 23, 2007, 20:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Well I spent my last day on the Madison, I wish I had a good report but the fishing was slow, I forgot my net so there are no pictures of the fish that I landed. The best part was the two hogs that I got into. The first one went low into the bottom of the run and was just sitting there. I tried to get him to move and finally applies too much pressure and the hook ripped out. The second one went into a downstream run and then he turned back upstream. I was reeling franticly when he took a left in to the swift current at an amazing speed and -- ping -- he was gone....

The tug is the drug.....

final photos http://www.kbrcomm.com/ssp/smithriver.html
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutphisher

Excellent pics of the horses on the stream.
Were those wild horses?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: troutphisher on July 23, 2007, 21:25:19 PM
Excellent pics of the horses on the stream.
Were those wild horses?

They are out on the ranch, don't know how many 1,000 of acres they have to roam....

PANO of the day

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: bowsreign on July 24, 2007, 08:56:46 AM
Woolly,
Thanks for sharing your reports. Glad to see you had a good trip.  0--0
In the PANO shot there appears to be a lot of haze or smoke. Were there fires in the area or was that effect from the hot weather?

Smoke and haze in that picture is from a pretty good sized fire in Yellowstone, it's in Mature Timber that wasn't burned in the big fires... near Fawn Pass, there is on burning above Belgrade and you can see the Smoke from Jedi's back door, I saw another one near Livingstong an yet another fire near Craig. Fire season came early but this week will prove to be cooler and there is some rain on the way too...
me -There's a season?

troutjedi

Got some rain today and it cleared the air for a little while.  Air quality right now is on par with Los Angeles   >:(

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: troutjedi on July 25, 2007, 04:04:43 AM
Got some rain today and it cleared the air for a little while.  Air quality right now is on par with Los Angeles   >:(

You and Kuhnter need to stop eating burritos! That right there would help the air quality!
me -There's a season?

Damselfly

Great reports! Ain't it something- what you've described as a "slow day", we'd give anything to have back home....

LOVE that panorama!

Oh, and I forgot which day it was, but that was a raven overhead. Two-three times bigger than our biggest crows and with a wedge-shaped tail and beak. I actually saw one fly over on my way home from work just the other day-WAY away from his normal "stomping grounds"!

richard bernabe

Looks like a great trip, Kieth. My last few trips out there were marred by nearby forest fires and poor air quality.