• Welcome to Pretentious Snobby Bastard Fly Fishing!. Please login or sign up.
October 23, 2021, 04:08:43 AM

News:

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.


Sulphurs Galore..

Started by Rod Champion, July 17, 2007, 14:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Rod Champion

Everybody , who came into the shop Saturday and Sunday, caught fish. Many smiles on their faces. The Sulphurs are coming off a little later in the day than last year. From 1:00 on, it is on, then. Seems for 11:00 on, trout are eating comparaduns. And in the a.m., size 22 BWOs are the ticket.

We are putting up fishing reports very regularly isf anyone is inteterested.
RodC
www.southholstonriverflyshop.com

Rod + Matt Champion
Fly Shop/ Guide Service
Located ON the S. Holston River
423-878-2822

Woolly Bugger

Thanks for the report Rod, I'll catch up with you after I get back from Montana.... If I don't find a job here first..heheheheh

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Chaser

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on July 18, 2007, 01:29:53 AM

If I don't find a job here first..heheheheh

The Boo Boys might need an apprentice 0--0

TC


chadarb1

I live in Apex, NC which is right outside Raleigh I wanted to know where the closet stream would be for me to catch some trout fly fishing? This way I could make day trips.


Woolly Bugger

Quote from: chadarb1 on July 24, 2007, 08:49:53 AM

I live in Apex, NC which is right outside Raleigh I wanted to know where the closet stream would be for me to catch some trout fly fishing? This way I could make day trips.

Your closest River is the Smith in VA, read Al's reports, there a 1,000's of trout per mile in that river but they grow slowly, there is a plan in place to study the methods to improve the fishery
http://www.brfff.com/forum/index.php/topic,2769.0.html

Your about 4 ~ 5 hours from E.Tenn. Tailwaters.... there is camping and I know a guy in Raleigh who makes w/e trips all the time to TN, if you can swing that every once in a while that might be good too.

Otherwise you'll be driving to Stone Mt. State Park, South Mt. State Park and the National Forest north of Morganton

here's a list to get you started  http://www.rockyrivertu.org/Alen's40list.htm

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

jamisjockey

Quote from: Rod Champion on July 17, 2007, 14:51:20 PM

Everybody , who came into the shop Saturday and Sunday, caught fish. Many smiles on their faces. The Sulphurs are coming off a little later in the day than last year. From 1:00 on, it is on, then. Seems for 11:00 on, trout are eating comparaduns. And in the a.m., size 22 BWOs are the ticket.

We are putting up fishing reports very regularly isf anyone is inteterested.
RodC
www.southholstonriverflyshop.com

Hey I'm coming that way in September.  Any suggestions on good places to stay, etc?  I'm thinking of mostly fishing the South Holston, but it sounds like there is alot of choice in the area.  Thanks!
-JD

I hated hipsters before it was mainstream

Rod Champion

Good cabins are : www.southholstoncabins.homestead.com

They are nice and literally right up at the Weir Dam.

Rod + Matt Champion
Fly Shop/ Guide Service
Located ON the S. Holston River
423-878-2822

jamisjockey

That's the second recomend on that place, looks like its a winner  0--0

-JD

I hated hipsters before it was mainstream

Rod Champion

Sulphurs rerally came off yesterday.. the warmer weather and less water seems to be the trick... yep, Sarah has a nice place..

Rod + Matt Champion
Fly Shop/ Guide Service
Located ON the S. Holston River
423-878-2822

jamisjockey

Quote from: Rod Champion on July 27, 2007, 10:35:01 AM

Sulphurs rerally came off yesterday.. the warmer weather and less water seems to be the trick... yep, Sarah has a nice place..

Email me jamisjockey@yahoo.com

I'd like to talk to you about maybe getting some guided time while I'm there.  I think there would be two of us working with you.

-JD

I hated hipsters before it was mainstream


#CommissionsEarned