News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Getting back to fishing..... what's your favorite strike indicator..

Started by Woolly Bugger, July 13, 2007, 14:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter p

Pros to the Condom:  Your are always prepared in case you may meet that hottie on the stream

Con to the Condom:  When  you are the last one deciding if you should continue to fish or save it just in case you meet that hottie on the stream 

Solution:  Learn to fish without a bobber 
Peter

outdoorguy3

Quote from: Gofisher on July 13, 2007, 22:53:04 PM
Take an average size condom, blow up about 1/3 of it. Tie it with a clove hitch to your line. Voila.

Do you prefer the flavored ones?  Any brand work better than another?

Ralph   0--0
Life's about havin' FUN!!!

stonedfly17

Quote from: outdoorguy3 on July 14, 2007, 09:41:33 AM
Take an average size condom, blow up about 1/3 of it. Tie it with a clove hitch to your line. Voila.

Do you prefer the flavored ones?  Any brand work better than another?

Ralph   0--0
I think that KY just came out with a trout gravy flavored lube. Should attract more strikes and help get your fly into those tight places... :o

streamer

Gordie,
        Can I get some average-sized condoms from you? All of mine are bigger than that. Will the big ones work just as well? Inquiring monds want to know. I may have to switch from milk/bleach/soda/vinegar jugs to your system. Do you use the scented/flavored ones? Would that be considered chumming? Maybe we should alert Berkley Baits to your system. Just sayin'.....

Streamer
Remember...We all live downstream.

Psycho_Fisher

those are nice all... where do you find whine bottles that small?  ??? ;D ;)

not beggin, just bored.
Tight Lines & Put-Em-Back!

thelow

Quote from: streamer on July 14, 2007, 11:06:30 AM

Gordie,
        Can I get some average-sized condoms from you? All of mine are bigger than that. Will the big ones work just as well? Inquiring monds want to know. I may have to switch from milk/bleach/soda/vinegar jugs to your system. Do you use the scented/flavored ones? Would that be considered chumming? Maybe we should alert Berkley Baits to your system. Just sayin'.....

Streamer

ROFL jule that was a good one Dusty and I were yuking it up after reading that.

I use:
http://www.orvis.com/store/product_choice.asp?pf_id=28RT&dir_id=758&group_id=792&cat_id=7890&subcat_id=6022
and
I really love these they are small and have good viz.  Orange/white are better the the green/white:
http://www.orvis.com/store/product_choice.asp?pf_id=25AC&dir_id=758&group_id=792&cat_id=7890&subcat_id=6022

Gordo?  Does this attachment look familiar?

What's Rob doing today? https://www.instagram.com/rjeeves716/

thelow

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on July 13, 2007, 14:46:39 PM
What was that thing that Allen Howell dude invented to be used as an indicator? The vindicator or ballocater or something like that. I was gonna make one but he kinda dropped out of sight before I could get some good directions :-X

http://www.southeastflyfishingforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13562&highlight=Vindicator

Psycho_Fisher

interesting idea, but seems like an aweful lot of work... personally, I'm not a real big fan of the shock leaders/tippets/etc.

There sure was a lot of love in that thread.  :-[
Tight Lines & Put-Em-Back!

thelow

Quote from: Psycho_Fisher on July 15, 2007, 09:49:12 AM
interesting idea, but seems like an aweful lot of work... personally, I'm not a real big fan of the shock leaders/tippets/etc.

There sure was a lot of love in that thread.  :-[

yeah I agree I would never use that mess, I posted it only because our Lama requested.  Frogs Hair is enough for me

Gofisher

Good pick up Jule. "average size" was inserted for a reason. Ya done good!  ;D
*By the way, no scented or flavored...too much like power bait.  :P

FatAl, your corks were intriguing.  :-*
Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

troutphisher

Thanks alot MR Absales  ???

I just went out and purchased expensive wine, only to break the bottles and pour the devil's juice in the lawn. I purchased the wine just to get the corks.

I also went to hardware store and purchased blaze orange spray paint  :'(

All for not  o-o

I am so ashamed for falling for such tricker and tomfoolery  :'(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Arky_Dan

hang some DYNOMITE Below the rubbers . lite it and watch the fun . works for me .
work is for people who don't know how to fly fish !!!!!!

Stone-Man

Small streams
Styrafoam pear shaped with a slit and a toothpick. Instant on and off!!.  Color-- Bright red. My eyes see that color best in low light.

Tailraces and bigger rivers

Yarn indicator   - No color preference.  But I usually use lime green because I have a bunch of it.

Like Brad says. I'm not a fan of shock leaders,etc either. But I will use one in salt water,especially if fish such as False Albacore are around

JT

Fire-Fly

I like to use the small balsa beads with a toothpick i like yellow or white. 
Anyone who thinks using an indicator for  fly fishing is cheating, i guess should just run around the stream naked and wait till a fish is spotted then dive in and grab it with their teeth, hold it up to the big thunder god and scream " gooneygoogoo". But i guess using synthetic tying materials and andvaced fly lines are o.k., not to mention graphite rods, oh yeah and that reel on the end was probably used in the beginning.

:-X                                                 

Mstash