News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Small stream on 7/20

Started by brownhunter, July 21, 2007, 16:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownhunter

I fished two small streams yesterday. The first one that I went to I was planning on fishing for a while, but it wasn't fishing well at all. I fished 2 miles of the stream and only had 5 hookups, and only spooked 3 other fish. This stream used to be really good, but I guess it is going downhill quickly. The water was a real tanic color and it used to be gin clear and there seemed to be quite a bit more silt than I remembered from the last time.
So, I moved onto another stream and fished about a 1/2 mile section and did quite a bit better. The area received some rain the night before so the water level was very nice and the temp was a very cool 64 degrees. It felt wonderful to be wet wading in. I only managed to catch bows, but I hooked one brook, just couldn't bring him in. This stream used to have almost all brooks and an occasional bow, but now you are lucky if you can catch a brook out of there. It is dominated by bows. I caught these two fish on a size 16 PTN fished in the riffles. No bead, no weight, and no indicator; just a PTN. Here are some pics of the day.

"Why, he wondered, did rich people call it sushi while poor people called it bait?"   -- Same Kind of Different as Me

troutphisher

Nice go'in brown!

No weight, bead or indicator!  0--0

TP
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.