News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

4th holiday

Started by troutphisher, July 03, 2007, 10:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutphisher

I usually take great pride in avoiding social events to fish. However I was cornered and had a moment of brain inactivity. I'm usually quick to invent an excuse, even causing (to my advantage) diversionary tactics to prolong a response, in hopes of negotiating through the meaningless social gab without commitment; this usually works, as I never give a clean responce to the invite. My run rate was a respectable 95% success, now I have impacted that number negatively.

Now I will be attending...instead of fishing.... Dam!

Anyways, have a safe holiday and enjoy.

TP

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Woolly Bugger

lol,

I'm headed to the S. Holston for the 4/5th.... >:D
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutphisher

Draw thy dagger from mine back, and revel not in my misery.

Thy name is Retardous!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Trout Maharishi

Take me and Al with ya, you won't have to worry about being invited back ;)
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

peter p

Who are we going to live vicariously through on this Holiday.  Can you make up a fishing report anyway?
Peter

troutphisher

Well, it's 7:24am, still time to play the ultimate trump on this social event.
No neighbors up, so they won't see me leave. he he he.

The no show,  (FPM, finale protective measure) is the last line defence.
This is the ace in the hole card.

I sneak out of the hood in plain clothes, sorts, tee-shirt and sandels. I loaded the car last night with all the gear, under the cover of darkness.

I can fish for hours, this will give me ample time to fabricate an excuse.
No pressure, at my leasure while fishig! Does life get any better!

TP

Arky_Dan

Y'all be safe and have  a good time out on the river. I have'nt fished in a month due to knee problems {surgery tomorrow }catch one for me .    Dan
work is for people who don't know how to fly fish !!!!!!

flyman

Yea, I'm redneck, so what!

troutphisher

I wouldn't call it a disorder, more like a dislike.

I got got screwed any way, on the way out of the neighbor hood, I got stopped by a resident of the second to last house before the main rd. I was  Caught like a cheap hooker on the sailors wharf.

Life's success is often measured in minutes, even seconds. A little earlier and I was home free.  0--0

So instead of fishing,
I watched amateur rocketeer's launch their works over the houses, and listened to the oos and aws of the crowd, while drinking cheap beer and suffering though endless junk food and pasta salads. All the while dawning the happy persona, and politeness of a volunteer worker at a clown store.

What a friggan waist  :'(

peter p

On the plus side, just think how much closer you got to your neighbors.  Now you will get invited to even more block parties.  You may need to start shopping for disguises
Peter

Trout Maharishi

Oh boy! My head still hurts from drinking too much chang and them little Sherpinas keep me up all night >:D
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski