News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

It's damn hot out here, even with the lower humidity...

Started by Woolly Bugger, July 18, 2007, 16:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Blazing sun and heat drove me off the water at lunch.... even if I was hooking up with some nice fish on the Madison. They tell me that there is a nocturnal stonefly hatch, a wingless critter that looks like a Chernobyl ant....

took a few pics and added them to the gallery.... http://www.kbrcomm.com/ssp/smithriver.html

Note to Al.... everybody thought I was crazy for tossing lead with that boo rod to catch those fish in the fast water... but it's like an addiction... where I go the boo goes... weren't too easy to land them on that little wiggle stick.... :)

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutphisher

Oh man! thats a nice brown!

Don't let them git to ya, that stick will Handel the big ones  0--0
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Trout Maharishi

Holy crap! Just when I think I've seen it all, some homeless guy finds a cane pole and catches a big ol brown with it:o  That's what I'm talking about! 0--0

Note-if you are having trouble making that Chernobyl ant land right side up, tie a parachute under the front indicator.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

peter p

Nobody tried to get you to use a club sandwich yet?
Peter

Trout Maharishi

Homeless guy like that would just eat the club sandwich Pete, he wouldn't have sense enough to use it for bait ///?
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Larry

Great pictures and great fish. If it is any consolation, it is very hot here as well.

Larry