GEEK Squad saves the day? WTF?????

Started by Woolly Bugger, May 09, 2007, 18:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flatlander

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on May 10, 2007, 15:40:36 PM
Quote from: flatlander on May 10, 2007, 12:40:14 PM
Quote from: Woolly Bugger on May 09, 2007, 18:41:10 PM

So much for HOMELAND SECURITY

I don't fully understand this.  It looks like Homeland Security worked in this case. 

Terrorist -> Circuit City Employee -> local cops -> FBI  = Busted Terrorist

I just don't see where Homeland Security played a roll in this....

$33,356,871,000 Budget and the guy from the GEEK SQUAD makes the bust......

He reported this to the FBI in January of 2006.  The FBI had infiltrated this group and had been monitoring them for nearly a year and a half before busting them.  A citizen reported suspicious behavior to the government and the government followed through.  It looks like it worked in this case to me. 

EDIT:  Wooly, I guess I misunderstood you.  I interpreted your post as a slam on the government for not knowing about these guys before an average Joe discovered them.  I was thinking of "Homeland Security" in terms of an overall government response.  I guess you are right in the sense that the Department of Homeland Security was not involved directly.

Trout Maharishi

Bluegill my contention is Congress authorized the President to use military force against Iraq. I'm OK if you feel it was the wrong thing to do. What I'm not OK with the idea that "W" did this all alone and told a big lie to somehow advance his own agenda, why would he do that? I just don't see how that could possibly benefit him.

Thanks flatlander 8)  We live in a world of sound bites and brief 30 second snippet's of news. Often with a slant or "spin" to suit the messenger. So few people actually give things any thought beyond that.

Piddler,
It would be just as easy for me to make a list of people on the other side of the isle with dubious character. I refuse to do that though, I've said it several times now and I'll say it again. It's not about party affiliation. I would like to extend the same opportunity to you that I did Bluegill, maybe you will actually answer the question.  Please name the politicians you feel are taking the correct course of action concerning the war on terror and best represent your interest.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

lepomis_mcro

QuoteI've said it several times now and I'll say it again. It's not about party affiliation. I would like to extend the same opportunity to you that I did Bluegill, maybe you will actually answer the question.  Please name the politicians you feel are taking the correct course of action concerning the war on terror and best represent your interest.

sorry i got to ranting did finish the question....the only politician i wold be comfortable backing is. retired nato supreme allied commander general wesley clark. 

http://www.votevets.org
(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

Gofisher

Quote from: 22midge on May 10, 2007, 14:36:37 PM
"W"s Daddy was good at the CIA for keeping secrets ---to bad he didnt keep "w" a secret

What does this bring to the show? This isn't SELFF...
Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

Peddler

Snout Pisser...

If you're referring to me, you are again, as usual, mistaken. I don't sell yardsticks and never did. What I do sell provides nicely for me and my family. It's great actually... it prevents me from needing to live home with Mom like you.
We're hiring.

Also, you would appear much brighter if instead of tossing Latin phrases around you actually knew what they meant.

Trollup Hashhead...

To answer your question, no one I can think of at the present. Bring on a viable third party that doesn't exist merely to gather campaign contributions then we'll talk. Either party would have beefed up security after 9/11 but I'm pretty sure any other leader wouldn't have made avenging his Dad's failures his lifes mission under the guise of homeland security.
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

peter p

Can't we ever have a good political debate without name calling and childlike comments?  One of the reasons a lot of us hang on this board is because we can freely express our opinions without fear of being banned.  However, whenever we get into a heated discussion, the name calling, calling out peoples education, occupations, family etc starts up instantly.  If we would all just state our points and comment on other peoples opinions without the extraneous BS, I think we could have some serious open discussion.  However, everyone needs to be open to the fact that the whole world does not agree with you and because someone does not agree with you doesn't mean you should attack them.  Once all the BS and attacking start, it just escalates and stops others from joining.  Call me a pussy if you want, but life is too short to argue with each other and get all bent out of shape because someone disagrees with your opinion.  State your point, go fishing and then grab a cold beer.           
Peter

troutphisher

Quote from: Peddler on May 10, 2007, 22:19:58 PM
Snout Pisser...

If you're referring to me, you are again, as usual, mistaken. I don't sell yardsticks and never did. What I do sell provides nicely for me and my family. It's great actually... it prevents me from needing to live home with Mom like you.
We're hiring.

Piddle:
You're making no sense? You keep pulling information out of your ass and eventually you'll hit your brain!

Reduce your Ritalin dosage.

" Symptoms of a Ritalin overdose may include; vomiting, agitation, tremors, muscle twitching, seizure (convulsions) confusion, hallucinations, sweating, fast or pounding heartbeat, blurred vision, dry mouth and nose and fainting.

Work with the drugs, not against them.

While I am flattered by your offer of employment, quite frankly your company can't afford my salary requirements. It is also very likely I am over qualified.
But I will consider consulting @  $115.00/hr rate?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Peddler

Quote from:  snout pisser

" Symptoms of a Ritalin overdose may include; vomiting, agitation, tremors, muscle twitching, seizure (convulsions) confusion, hallucinations, sweating, fast or pounding heartbeat, blurred vision, dry mouth and nose and fainting.

It is so good to see that Mom reads the literature of your meds to you. She must really care... first to see that you got help you so despirately need then to try and educate you on safe medication use. You are blessed... and bless her little heart too.  :)
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Trout Maharishi

QuoteWhile I am flattered by your offer of employment, quite frankly your company can't afford my salary requirements. It is also very likely I am over qualified.
But I will consider consulting @  $115.00/hr rate?

Now Phish, to make as much as you make at the bus station on the weekends may be an unrealistic expectation don't you think? ;)

Peter- It's OK, we're just having a little fun. To inquire into someones education, occupation, military service, family....etc. etc. is only a means, at least for me, to gain some insight into how some of these opinions expressed on here were formulated. I have no doubt growing up a poor dumb ass hillbilly in western NC has shaped many of the beliefs and opinions I have today. BTW, you're a pussy ;)
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski