News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Fishing around

Started by Larry, May 07, 2007, 06:04:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

A friend and I decided we had to fish some new waters. So, on Thursday, April 26th we fished Smith Creek and then on Friday the North river. They are both well worth fishing. We had great luck on the Smith and caught about a dozen or so each with the largest being about 16 inches. They were all rainbows, great fighters, and a number of them did a lot of jumping. It was great fun as we only fish the Smith from about noon until 5 PM. On Friday, the North River was much tougher. I caught only two, but one of of them was about 17 inches. Unfortuantly, he got away before I could get him measured. My friend caught four that day.

The following Monday, we fished the Rose river which was another great day with numerous fish caught by both of us. My friend caught one that measured 17 inches. they were also great fighters. The fishing was difficulat at first. We could see them and fish them but it was difficult finding something they were willing to take. My friend finally found a bundh of them in some water under a tree where the current created a feeding zone. He floated a stimulator under the tree and they started fighting over the lure. He recorded one instance where one fish was hooked and two others jumped out of the water as they tried to get the lure as well.  I hooked one that was just in front of a drop off, which I was standing in, and when he jumped he was about eye level and appeared to be two feet out of the water. That was fun!! We both caught a bunch.

On the following Wednesday, we went to the Roanoke River (delayed harvest). Neither of us caught a single trout. I caught one redeye. It brought us to down but not much. All in all it was a great four days of fishing!!