Need some help: Flies for Rivercourse

Started by teachrtec, February 11, 2007, 08:29:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teachrtec

Many of you are aware that TU sponsors a summer camp to teach fly fishing, fly tying, and related topics.

http://www.nctu.org/rivercourse/rivercourse-main.htm

One of the goals this year is that each camper will be given a box of trout flies at the end of the camp. This way, they will be able to continue fly fishing. In an attempt to keep costs down as much as possible for the campers, I would like those of you who are interested to tie 12 or 24 of the same pattern trout fly for fishing in the Southern Appalachians.

I personally am going to tie for this. I challenge the group to participate as well. The students will greatly appreciate this.

Those of you who are interested in participating can PM me when you have your flies done. I will PM you my address and take the flies to Dick Heald, Rivercourse camp director and LOSTU member.

I really appreciate help on this.

Brad  8)
Brad  8)

peter p

I volunteered as a ghillie (guide) at this camp last year.  It was a great experience and the kids really learn a lot about flyfishing and more importantly fly fishing.  I would encourage everyone that can to help out.
Peter

Mstash

Table Rock TU will have tying at our Feb 20th meeting and all fly's will go to Campers

If your in the area feel free to stop in

Mstash

teachrtec

Great  :) I would love to come down and tie with you all if schedules allow.

Here's a note from Dick

I think May 15th would give us enough time to get boxes ready for camp. Thanks ever so much for your help with this.

Dick Heald

Thanks everybody
Brad  8)
Brad  8)

Mstash

Brad your more than welcome

American Legion Hut

Valdese, NC

From I- 40 get off at Valdese exit. (111)
(Exit Ramp West bound. Turn Right to town) Exit Ramp East bound. Go back over I-40 to Town)

Turn left (West) on Main St. Go to the 4th light (1 passed McDonalds)

Turn Right on Church St. Go 4/10 mile to the Hut on the Right (Big Cannon out front) Enter building on left side.

Meal- $5.00 per person.

For more info and directions you may contact me

Mstash
rpons@tablerocktu.org

teachrtec

Thanks for everyones help so far. Getting closer.

Thanks
Brad
Brad  8)