Shenandoah River Fish Kill Meeting

Started by Al, April 23, 2007, 21:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

This came to me by way of one of the lists that I belong to for alerting folks to  environmental  issues - you may already know about it, if not, thought to pass it along.

In the past five years extensive fish kills have occurred in our area on the Shenandoah River and it tributaries.  In some reaches of the river the loss of fish has been catastrophic with the death of more that 90% of our smallmouth bass and sun fish. 

In an effort to keep the public informed about this serious problem the Riverfest Committee will sponsor a: 

Water Quality Forum on April 24th at 7:00 pm in the Waynesboro City Council Chambers at the corner of Wayne and Main streets downtown. 

Steve Reeser with VDGIF and co-chair of the fish kill task force will be presenting the latest information on the problem.  The meeting is open to the public.  We urge you to attend to support the ongoing research of the fish kill task force and become better informed about their most recent results.   

Riverfest will be held in Constitution Park in downtown Waynesboro on April 28, 2007.  Visit out website, www.riverfestwaynesboro.org for more information about the days activities. 

Please forward this notice to anyone you know who would be interested in attending these events. 

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!