America’s Most Endangered Rivers of 2007:

Started by Woolly Bugger, April 17, 2007, 09:36:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Today American Rivers presents America's Most Endangered Rivers of 2007.

Each of the ten rivers on this year's list faces a critical crossroads in the next 12 months -- and you can take action today to ensure that these rivers enjoy a healthy future.

America's Most Endangered Rivers of 2007:

1. Santa Fe River (New Mexico)
2. San Mateo Creek (California)
3. Iowa River (Iowa)
4. Upper Delaware River (New York)
5. White Salmon River (Washington)
6. Neches River (Texas)
7. Kinnickinnic River (Wisconsin)
8. Neuse River (North Carolina)
9. Lee Creek (Arkansas, Oklahoma)
10. Chuitna River (Alaska)

http://www.americanrivers.org/site/MessageViewer?em_id=9541.0&dlv_id=11521&JServSessionIdr006=fpytv8o7r2.app6b

Take action support American Rivers:

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: bowsreign on April 18, 2007, 09:49:03 AM
Thanks for the info Keith. I've sent an e-mail (form letter) concerning the Neuse River to the representatives that were suggested. I don't hold much hope that those money grubbers really give a shit. It has been recognized for over 40 years that the Neuse River was in trouble. It has only gotten worse. Eutrification has been a problem on the lower Neuse since the early 70's. Pfiesteria was discovered there in 1988. There has been a lot of "talk" since then, but not much action.
Our elected officials pride themselves on attracting additional industry, people, and housing developments to areas that are already overdeveloped, such as Raleigh. This type of activity helps to grow the tax base and the power base that politicians thrive on.
The attachments are an example of how long they've been "concerned" about this river.

http://www2.ncsu.edu/ncsu/CIL/WRRI/neusenewsarticles.html

Thanks we need to get everybody to send a message through American Rivers!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

peter p

Anyone else have problems with the link?  It told me the page wasn't available
Peter

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

badankles

thanks, wooly.  i've sent one too on the neuse, but i don't think it's going to do any good.  i'm hoping that it will at least give some credit to the neuse keepers and their work.
when's a newbie no longer a newbie...