Panasonic Digital camera

Started by troutphisher, April 16, 2007, 19:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutphisher

I purchased this camera last year and last Friday, the 13th >:D while taking pics of some fish, I put the camera back in my vest pocket and didn't zip the pocket shut. While I was reviving the fish, I bent down to hold the fish in the current and the camera fell out of my pocket into about 2ft of water.

I left the camera until the fish could swim under it's own power, while I cussed myself.

Anyway, I got the camera and immediately removed the batteries to stop current flow and break the current path, in hopes maybe I got it before a short occurred. The camera does have a built in watchdog circuit to keep the clock setting while the battery or power source is removed, but usually this is millivolts.

I let the camera sit with all the panels open for the week end to dry things out and remove any moisture.

I just inspected the camera and made sure there was no sign of moisture or condensation visible. I put new batteries in the camera, and it worked! ;D
I checked all functions and they all work. Even the clock setting was still accurate.

I purchased a new camera same brand and model (lumix DMC-LZ3). I really liked this camera and all the features it has.

The camera is not rated water proof or resistant , yet it survived.

If any of you should happen to have your camera dunk, remove the batteries immediately and wait until the camera is fully dry before trying it. I don't know if this will work for all cameras, but I worked on this brand.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.