News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Volunteer Time

Started by Creek Scum, September 21, 2005, 19:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Creek Scum

Most of you know the routine but for the few newbies willing to face the goat, here it is.

Dinner Friday and Saturday, Breakfast Saturday and Sunday. Coffee is provided with breakfast. Cooks and helper/helpers prepare and serve the meals. Clean up crew cleans up after each meal. Coffee is prepared by the coffee crew. John can drink Scotch for breakfast. Cooks secure ingredients for the dish they are preparing. Some folks will be asked to bring side items or supplies such as bread, water, coffee, etc. The cooks and anyone assigned to bring supplies will be reimbursed for what they spent. We do not provide a beverage other than the coffee for breakfast. Anyone wishing to, out of the goodness of their heart, provide h'orderves or snacks is welcome to do so.

Friday Dinner: Chili
   Cook: red-haired-boy
   Helper: zzdruid
   Cleanup: zzdruid and Damselfly

Saturday Breakfast: Sausage, eggs, OJ, English muffins
   Cook: Outdoorguy3
   Helpers: Discomidge and Flychamps
   Cleanup: Gofisher and BrentG

Saturday Dinner: Shrimp and Okra Gumbo
   Cook: JT
   Helpers: Croaker and Peggy Crowe
   Cleanup: Billres and Flytyer

Sunday Breakfast: Pancakes, sausage and OJ
   Cook: Devinsdad
   Helper: phg
   Cleanup: richard bernabe and Plumbob

Coffee crew Satruday and Sunday
   Peddler & Gonefishin
   Coffee pot cleanup handled by coffee crew
you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but you're older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death - Waters, Gilmore, Wright and Mason

Devinsdad

I can help with clean up or cooking (not the head cook...don't want any enimies my first trip)
Put me where you need me.. I am not afraid of being volunteered...
Also I do not mind bringing something if needed. just tell me how much. ( Watch it... I know I left myself open there ;))

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Devinsdad on September 21, 2005, 19:58:27 PM
I can help with clean up or cooking (not the head cook...don't want any enimies my first trip)
Put me where you need me.. I am not afraid of being volunteered...
Also I do not mind bringing something if needed. just tell me how much. ( Watch it... I know I left myself open there ;))

Bring Scotch and lots of it... (single malt only, 12, 18, 20 year old stuff ought to do fine)
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Discomidge

I'll help Jack with coffee.
Sat. breakfast

Kim ;D

Creek Scum

Bring Scotch and lots of it...

Time for some more underwater studies?  ::)

18 or older.
you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but you're older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death - Waters, Gilmore, Wright and Mason

Shane

I got a ton of good peppers for the chili.

Habaneros
Scotch Bonnets
Jamaican Reds
Cayennes
Tepin

S

Peddler

Quote from: Shane on September 21, 2005, 21:27:15 PM
I got a ton of good peppers for the chili.

Habaneros
Scotch Bonnets
Jamaican Reds
Cayennes
Tepin

S

Make that for YOUR chili!  :P :-[ ;D
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

red-haired-boy

The chili will have plenty of flavor but it will not be hot (I've got to make something that everybody can eat). It is a pork and black bean recipe I've developed over the years.

If you want to bring some diced hot chiles so you and others can spice up your own bowl's that would be great.

Stuart

outdoorguy3

Disco and I will take care of Sat. breakfast.  Flychamps is helpin';

Ralph ;D
Life's about havin' FUN!!!

gonefishin

I will be assisting my good buddy " Jack there ain't no fish in this hole Peddler" with the coffee detail.

Creek Scum

The list has been updated. Check it out and tell me what you would like to volunteer for. It's either volunteer or get drafted.

Brent G

Put me down for helping, cleaning up etc for Saturday morning breakfast ........ I've seen disco in action with a knife chopping and dicing  :o   flychamps might need some help keeping an eye on them  ;D

Brent G

Gofisher

I'll help w/Sat breakfast cleanup as well.

streamer

I can't go this year, but I'm gonna send some Goormay Coffee with Ralph ( I HOPE ) or someone else. ENJOY!

P.S. : Sending Judy's decaf. too, so Judy....Ya gotta share.

Next Time,

Streamer
Remember...We all live downstream.

richard bernabe

Hey, sign me up for something...clean up, one morning or evening