Dyna-King Barracuda vice

Started by troutphisher, March 23, 2007, 16:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutphisher

I purchased a Dyna-King Barracuda vice last week. I Finally wore out the Danvice jaws, and they are sending a new set of jaws free of charge.

The Dyna-King was a surprise right out of the box. I set it up on the tyeing station I bought with the Danvice. It holds a standard 3/8" shaft.

The Dyna-King vise was nicer than the pictures and description advertisement.
One of the features that stuck out, was the clearance behind the jaws. There is lots of room to position tailing materials and you don't have to manipulate you hands and materials in difficult orientations. The design of the angle between the jaws and the main spindle was well thought out. The rotation feature is flawless, the tension screw is very easy to adjust.

I was also impressed with the jaw adjustment. It is a collar type, very easy to adjust to the hook size. The jaws have serrated surfaces and grooves for larger hook sizes.

The locking cam is very easy to use, with a defined snap when locked. The whole vice is made from stainless steel, with the exception of the adjustment screws, they are gold anodized screw steel.

I bought the standard jaws for hook sizes 8 to 22, but I have placed a size 30 in the jaws with no problems. I pulled hard enough on the thread the bend the hook in the jaws with out the hook slipping.

I am very pleased with the design and overall performance of the vise.
I looked at the renzetti vises, but liked the jaw design of the Dyna-King better.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.