FOUND ALIVE! Scout Lost @ Stone Mountain! Daughton Park Area!!

Started by Woolly Bugger, March 18, 2007, 12:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phg

That is a relief.  I guess we'll never know why he wandered off or where he thought he was going.  As Shakespear put it, though, "All's well that ends well."

jkilday4

Hey a happy ending for a change in one of these types of 'child missing' stories - thank God!  Can you just imagine the emotional roller coaster the parents have been through in the past three days or so???  I don't know what I'd do if I lost my son like that - I do know we'll be talking survival skills now...

teachrtec

Brad  8)

Gofisher

This makes my own problems seem alot less important. Great news!
Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

Devinsdad

That is great news!  Thank goodness!!

What a story he will have to tell later on!

calebB

Thats a great ending, glad they found him! :)  Did anyone listen to the interveiw of his dad with the media on cnn.com?  It's amazing the unethical questions the media asks just to see who can make the juciest news story.  :P

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: calebB on March 20, 2007, 15:37:23 PM
Thats a great ending, glad they found him! :)  Did anyone listen to the interveiw of his dad with the media on cnn.com?  It's amazing the unethical questions the media asks just to see who can make the juciest news story.  :P

No, didn't see that one, they (they media, ask all sorts of invasive, rude and inappropriate questions), they want headlines!
They were pretty good at pestering the dog handler with leading questions, wanting some "juice" for their report....

Glad the boy is out, If it was my son, when asked why/how he got lost, I'd get a three word answer, "I don't know".

The found him in the area that I suspected by studying the topo with the clue about the mess kit and candy wrappers.

I've been going over the maps with my son and showing him how the basin is built like a "Y", if you walk downhill you'll get funneled back to the campground. Looking and studying maps are two different things, I hope this teaches all Scouts a valuable lesson!

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Chaser

The is really great news.  The past couple of nights it has been the topic of discussion over dinner. I'll be sure to review this again before we camp out in SNP next month.

TC

Bloy

My wife called me today at lunch to bring me this wonderful news. I can't tell you how happy I am for this young man being found alive. This is truly an answer to prayer.
Barry
Times fun when you're having flies.
...Kermit

Woolly Bugger

Bizarre Quote

QuoteMichael told his father he slept in tree branches during the night, drank river water and prayed he wouldn't get sick. He said he got homesick because some of his closest friends had not gone on the camping trip, so he planned to walk to a highway and hitchhike to his home in Greensboro, North Carolina

This kid may have caused a lot of needless worry.....

Quote• NEW: Boy wandered away because he was homesick, father said
• Upon being found, boy said he wanted food, water, helicopter ride out

maybe he was looking for some attention

Like I said on the chat last night, "I don't think he wants to be found". Knowing the area and where the searchers were looking I couldn't understand way he couldn't see or hear them....
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

jamie

Wooly, it is funny that you say that, that is my wife's sentiments exactly. She and I are both glad the boy is alive and well but she thinks he deserves an old fashioned azz whuppin. She feels that he has been hiding all along. I personally thought the worst when 150+ people didnt find him by Monday evening.
"I don't much care for hatchery trout. They're better than no trout at all, but otherwise they're inferior in every way to their wild relatives" - John Gierach

Oldman

I guess good moms think alike. My wife said the exact same thing last night.
Hmmm....???? A mothers intuition.?

Anywho, thanks to all that helped in the field and on the board with your prayers and good wishes and thoughts. Thanks again.

calebB

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

phg

I'm glad he's safe,...but knowing the area he was lost in very well, ... let's just say there's got to be a lot more to the story than what we are hearing. 

Like so many other things, though, it's best to just let it go, now.  There's nothing more we, as a group, can do.