News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Royal Coachman

Started by Woolly Bugger, March 17, 2007, 21:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Royal Coachman - the Lore and Legends of Fly-Fishing by Paul Schullery.

I was browsing in Edward McKay's used books and more (cd's, games, etc) and found this little jewel of a book. First edition with a $4.00 price tag maked down from $24 list. I don't care to fish the books name sake, I prefer the wulff version, but I do have a few on them in my fly boxes, and in fact fished this fly on my outing with T.P. and Jedi, even getting a nice rainbow to rise to it.

The book is a mixture of American Fly Fishing history and angling of some famous streams in New England as well as Paul's home waters of Yellowstone. Paul takes about the early American Fly Fishing in a new way, uncovering some interesting information about past writers and stream conditions too. He takes you inside his life of fishing and working at the Fly Fishing museum and you'll feel right along side him as he cast into the dark towards the gulps he hears in the distance, fishing by sound. 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?ie=UTF8&keywords=Royal%20Coachman&tag=kbrcommunication&index=books&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!