News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

SEFFF problem

Started by diamonddave7676, March 08, 2007, 01:24:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brudog

Yeah somehow they must be blocking IPs or something cause for the last 3 days its been fine from work but cant get on when I get home.
"...I play real sports, not try to be the best at exercising! " K. Powers

diamonddave7676

Yeah i can log onto the page from anywhere else just cant do it from home either.

Woolly Bugger

There may be is a DNS issue...

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Devinsdad

Big Al-
I never complained, once... get it right ;D... I said Thanks!

OOPS I forgot... thems fightin words on Shite Ridge ;D

Woolly- Thanks for the FYI... there are only a handful of banned users... and APNIC and RIPE IP addresses are filtered... I think you are right with DNS problems...

natureboy

diamonddave7676

OK thats weird i was able to log in at about 1am this morning.  About the same time as last night.  Weird very weird.

diamonddave7676

Not working again like usual   o-o

phg

I've gotten a couple of "not found" screens over the past few days, but it's always connected on a retry.  Don't worry about it, though, there's nothing interesting going on over there either. 

Hopefully, as fishing picks up this spring, things will get more interesting on both boards. ::)

Brudog

You funny man...Alberta ::)

diamonddave7676

Ok even weirder was working here on the pc at home for an hour or two several hours ago but not working now.  I also went to the library and had no problem logging on there. 

Woolly Bugger

DD reported the problem lies with the registrar of the domain namely registerfly. They've been having problems for the last several years and now it's coming to a head with lawsuits read all about it...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/02/22/registerfly_ceo_lawsuit/

http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/mar2007/tc20070309_245992.htm?chan=top+news_top+news+index_technology

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Trout Maharishi

This could get interesting :-*
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Brudog

That cant be the problem though,,,,I could get in the car and drive to work and be able to get on just fine,,,,but not here at home,,,,must have something to do with the IP addresses that were used when members initially signed on the board,,,thats the only common denominator I can think of....

Add one more to my post count on here for FatAl  >:(

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Brudog on March 09, 2007, 21:06:47 PM
That cant be the problem though,,,,I could get in the car and drive to work and be able to get on just fine,,,,but not here at home,,,,must have something to do with the IP addresses that were used when members initially signed on the board,,,thats the only common denominator I can think of....

Add one more to my post count on here for FatAl  >:(

According to some reports the problem is that REGISTERFLY's system is not updating nameservers

from a cmd line run nslookup southeasflyfishingforum.com

the first set is the nameserver

the second set is or should be the resolved name/ip address

me -There's a season?

croaker

I thought the problems were cuz we added another seat to the outhouse down here in the swamp and hit some sort of wire or sumthin...  ;D
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.