News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Sweetgrass? Anybody own one?

Started by Woolly Bugger, March 01, 2007, 15:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Glenn Brackett from Winston has joined forces with Jerry Kustich and Jeff Walker to form Sweetgrass Rods, in Twin Bridges, MT.

I'm thing about getting a boo from these boys... :)

http://www.sweetgrassrods.com/

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

HulaVol

There's already a 2.5 year waiting list. And if you are thinking about a rod, don't wait. Order today!

>:D

troutphisher

Save your money and buy Commie boo ;D
They fish just as good  ;D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Gofisher

Jeezus WB, you been asleep for awhile?  :-[
Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

troutjedi

The boo boys sure make some sweet rods.  I bet you could buy a couple semesters of college for your kids for the price of one of them.  Just sayin.....   ;D

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Gofisher on March 01, 2007, 18:23:44 PM
Jeezus WB, you been asleep for awhile?  :-[

so you got your's  already?
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Trout Chaser

If you want one I'd put in your order.  By the time you receive it the rod will have gained in value  0--0  In the mean time pick up a used rod or a blank to finish from a regional rod maker.  You won't be disappaointed.

TC

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: bowsreign on March 01, 2007, 19:37:59 PM
You looking for one to fish or just buying as a speculative investment?

To fish with what else...  ???

I'm not afraid to take a $2,000 rod on the water....
me -There's a season?

Trout Chaser

Keith,

While you are waiting on delivery why don't you buy the last boo rod they made for Winston.
http://p205.ezboard.com/fclarksclassicflyrodforumflytackleforsaletradewanted.showMessage?topicID=8601.topic

Glenn will even deliver it to you.

TC

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Trout Chaser on March 01, 2007, 20:08:06 PM
Keith,

While you are waiting on delivery why don't you buy the last boo rod they made for Winston.
http://p205.ezboard.com/fclarksclassicflyrodforumflytackleforsaletradewanted.showMessage?topicID=8601.topic

Glenn will even deliver it to you.

TC

No that rod is reserved for the next ENRON exec who is looking for a place to hide his excess cash,,.....

I'd rather buy a plastic rod and head to Christmas Island for a couple of weeks, if i had that kind of money to blow...

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

i'm on the list...

they sent me this pic.....
me -There's a season?

Peddler

The most incredible bamboo rod I've ever cast was a creation by Wayne Maca of the 'Boo Boys.
The only thing traditional about it was the bamboo look. Everything else about it was refined to make it light weight and strong. It was far lighter and cast better than any bamboo rod I've ever cast.
Duffy agreed.  0--0
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

sillybastardcaddis

For now I'll stick with my boo by Mills &Sons that was made in 1903.    0--0

Grumpy

2 pc-2 tip-$2,000
3 pc-2 tip-$2,500

That's what they are listed for in the MRFC catalog i got in the mail, how can you advertise & yet have a backlog :o
A friend of mine here builds some great rods from well known builders, he buys blanks from them & finishes them out the way you request them for under a $1,000(so far), sure they may never increase in value like an older Winston or Sweetgrass, they're still great fishing rods.
I've heard a lot of good things about Maca's rods from a few folks that have met him & cast them, i wish he'd sell a blank, so far, he has refused to.

Grumpy

sillybastardcaddis

Terry Corneau at Great Outdoor Provision Co. in Greensboro makes some awfully good graphites at a reasonable price.