News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Stone River outfitters?

Started by troutphisher, February 15, 2007, 16:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutphisher

I just received a catalog from Stone River. Have any of you had dealings with this company before? Seems there prices are fair and they have familiar gear.

Thanks
TP
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

calebB

they were at the clt show-- but find a shop nearby to buy from. 0--0  Seemed like they had a fair amount of selection though.

Caleb

phg

My nearby shop is an Orvis factory store.  :-X  I got one of those catalogs too.  It looks good, but I've already got 4 online flyshops I support.  If I spread my business out much more it won't do anybody any good.   :-\

troutphisher

I usually stop by the Davidson River outfitters shop, but I like to have other options. The catalogs are the other choice, so I like to compare pricing and products.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: troutphisher on February 17, 2007, 09:02:53 AM
I usually stop by the Davidson River outfitters shop, but I like to have other options. The catalogs are the other choice, so I like to compare pricing and products.

You never know when someone is going to have a special on some Mint GREEN dubbing...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

BC

At the show , they had a nice selection of tying materials , tools and such , but were a bit pricier than most .   Nothin' all that special really . Support your local fly shop .

Trout Maharishi

I think they are the outfit that bought out Bill Hunter of Hunter's Angling Supplies. Hunters always was a little higher price wise, but carried some hard to find materials and they were always high quality. I have 2 or 3 mail order places I've bought from for years. I can't pass a local shop without going in and looking though. Never can tell when you might just find that special little something 8)
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Stone-Man

TP

Bo Cash has one of the best flyshops in NC. He is on 181 going north out of Morganton.
I think it is called  Table Rock Angler

JT

Mstash

Quote from: Stone-Man on February 21, 2007, 18:35:56 PM
TP

Bo Cash has one of the best flyshops in NC. He is on 181 going north out of Morganton.
I think it is called  Table Rock Angler

JT

It is JT
and it is on HWY 181
Appointment only Fly shop

Mstash

Trout Maharishi

Isn't it nice to be able to mention more than ONE
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski