News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

The other place... (SEFFF)

Started by BugSlinger, February 10, 2007, 23:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutphisher

Quote from: Al on February 12, 2007, 16:58:53 PM
Just wondering - Does anyone do any fishing anymore or the very least talk about fishing?

I know we are not suspose to bring up HW anymore, but at least he ran a good fishing board.

It's just the off day dulls.

I like playing with peddler, he's like an old tennis ball you throw against the wall. Eventually it goes flat and doesn't bounce back.

I agree Harvey ran the site better. Given the choice of some of the current staff and a crook, I take the crook. At least you know what your getting.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Woolly Bugger

here's some trivia that I ran across today..

the registrars of the top 1000 companies...

http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/people/edelman/registrar-choice/fortune-list.html
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

befuddled

holy crap, how many boards are there?

i always thought there was just one that kept evolving 8@S

OK, SEFFF isn't a new version of this site. that explains some things

croaker

-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

Woolly Bugger

Just wondering - Does anyone do any fishing anymore or the very least talk about fishing?

I know we are not suspose to bring up HW anymore, but at least he ran a good fishing board.

It's a clear case of CABIN FEVER!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

plumbob

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on February 13, 2007, 07:07:14 AM

Its more then that! Since this will most likely be my last post I'm going to say some things that others would like to but won't. Like Al said, we don't talk about fishing anymore. The threads that get the most responses are the ones that attack the SEFFF and its mods. The ones that do the attacking complain about they are not free to express themselfs. Freedom without checks and balances only leads to chaos. And the ones that enjoy causing chaos are the ones that always use the "Don't have any freedom line". At one point in time the two boards were almost one in the same, you had the same people on each forum. Then the Harvey thing happened and everybody came running to Woolly's sight like rats off a sinking ship and still do when something happens over there. Woolly I don't blame you one bit for being pissed off with the flip floppers. But things have changed on this board, I used to come on and enjoy this forum, maybe not log on as much as the SEFFF but would still try to and did buy some books to try to help you out, didn't have to. All it seems like anymore is that this has become a hole for the vermin to run and hide while they wait for the chance to come out and cause more trouble. Woolly you can put a stop to this war that has been allowed to run its unchecked course. This is the only forum I have seen that is puplicly allowed to continue to condem another. You have to stop allowing this, for you to not do so will only put you at the same level as the scum that have no where else to go. Woolly I know you remember the folks that used to post years ago, we had our fun but did talk fishing without trying to bring down another forum. You don't see these people posting on either board anymore, tied of all this bull shit, and I'm tied of it myself and won't be visiting either board from now on. There are still a lot of good people that are still around and I like to call friend but their voices cannot be heard anymore. Some feel that a thread on strike indicators is lame. Well its not for the person who is just starting out. And a round of applause for the ones who don't get tied of answering the same questions over and over again, there the ones who keep bringing in new people. I see you now have people complaining about giving out compliments. Telling the person way to go or you da man or nice fly is a way to help lift the spirits of the person which is what these boards where supposed to be all about, to get away from the grind of every day head aches and to learn what we could about something that feeds our souls. To tell troutphisher that the flies he has in the archive are the worst examples I have ever seen, that they should be on a poster labled what not to do, or that a pile of dog shit would get up and run away before allowing them to land on it I don't think would make that persons day and do nothing to help with the spirit of the forum. For the friends I have made and hope to stay in touch with I would be more then happy to help you out in any way that I can, you'll just have to E-mail me. I'll miss what was once on these boards, time to say by.   

troutphisher

Plumbob:

You helped create the monster and now you're looking to blame those who disagree with your views and moderating doctrine. Can you honestly say you have moderated fairly?

We all don't think alike, and those that thought different we moderated; yet those who shared the views of the moderators were allowed to continue.

As for the flies, you have been a member of this board for as long as I have, yet you contributed one fly. No one put a fly into this site for years, so I decided to start an archive.

We both tie flies for different reasons. I tie to catch fish, and you tie to get ribbons and medals.

I catch plenty of fish with the flies I tie, and I am satisfied with my efforts.
I am not convinced gold medal flies catch more fish than the average tier. And that's all I have ever claimed to be.

Your post resounds with the bitterness of an old man, that people have stopped listening to. You wonder why folks stopped listening and can't reason and answer.

Maybe it's the message?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Trout Maharishi

I'm sorry to hear that Bob :( There is more here than meets the eye on both sides of the fence.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

moodytrout

This is why you guy's dont see me posting that much any more- to much BS and I will never rejoin that other board ever again after the way I was treated there. Have made many friends on these boards and look forward to fishing with all of you this year.
tight lines
Clarence Moody

kylemc

Oh my!!   Aint it just fishing? ???

Al

Children!! Children!! Go back and read what you wrote and then look yourself in the mirror and see if maybe you don't want to hit the remove or edit button.

Having been of both sides of these flames in the past, I can tell you there are no winners and you just end up feeling and looking silly.

Go thing spring is coming up. What we need is a good old fashion "fish off". 

lepomis_mcro

i have to agree with fatal on your post there bob..

QuoteIts more then that! Since this will most likely be my last post I'm going to say some things that others would like to but won't. Like Al said, we don't talk about fishing anymore. The threads that get the most responses are the ones that attack the SEFFF and its mods. The ones that do the attacking complain about they are not free to express themselfs. Freedom without checks and balances only leads to chaos. And the ones that enjoy causing chaos are the ones that always use the "Don't have any freedom line".

it seem that in this post your against guys causing chos, but in this next quote about sixx you seem to be glad he is mixing it up over there.. so what way is it? it doesnt seem like you leave room for both.

QuoteWell the one thing I know is he does know some stuff on tying flies, weather he can actually tie or not I haven't seen enough of his stuff to say for sure. Not sure if he's trolling or not but he can bring life back to a sleeping forum. For the entertaining part I like having him around. Like ODG3 how he stirs up trouble, like having him around.

as for
QuoteWoolly you can put a stop to this war that has been allowed to run its unchecked course. This is the only forum I have seen that is puplicly allowed to continue to condem another. You have to stop allowing this, for you to not do so will only put you at the same level as the scum that have no where else to go.
woolly doesnt have to stop doing anything. and why put this at his door. last time i checked he wasnt the ones over at SEFFF that was acting holier than thou and running anyone that might have a different opinion off...on this site as owner he is doing a great job IMO 0--0 ...

and just like shular told me by pm over on the other site, when i was complaning about people being banned..  its his site and he can run it like he wants ::)

QuoteHaving been of both sides of these flames in the past, I can tell you there are no winners and you just end up feeling and looking silly.
i have no fear about looking silly i do it on a daily basis

(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

Gofisher

FatAl, am I a scab that will disappear?  ???
Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

Russ

Quote from: Gofisher on February 14, 2007, 09:56:28 AM
FatAl, am I a scab that will disappear?  ???

We can only hope we are so lucky 0--0

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: plumbob on February 13, 2007, 13:22:23 PM
Quote from: Woolly Bugger on February 13, 2007, 07:07:14 AM

I'm tied of it myself and won't be visiting either board from now on.

PB, you get out what you put in. I don't run this forum for popularity or profit, and I'm not into a whole lot of censorship. This board was revived only because of SEFF going down just before a PFF. I never wanted to get into running and moderating a board. Sure some of the people who don't fit in at SEFF board hang out here and while we don't have world class fly tyers posting we do had a pretty good archive of Troutphishers flies which he has taken the time to post. Just in case you haven't noticed there have been fishing reports posted and there is a recent "helpful" thread on nymphing for newbies.

This tread was started because of DNS problems at the SEFFF and it was a legitimate question. In the past I've pulled post about the SEFF. I really felt there was no reason to pull this one, however I was concerned about the language in YOUR post and almost pulled it, but then reconsidered.

"If the devil laughs it must be at hypocrites, for they are the greatest dupes he has, for they suffer greater mortification to go to hell than the sincerest Christians do to go to heaven."

I really don't know how to reply to your post. If you want to contribute fine, if you want to slam my board and it's members you are welcome too!

me -There's a season?