News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Are you being watched?

Started by Trout Maharishi, January 31, 2007, 18:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Man says he saw cougar deemed ‘extinct’ in NC â€" and others say they’ve seen it, too

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article228080404.html
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on March 19, 2019, 09:12:46 AMMan says he saw cougar deemed ‘extinct’ in NC â€" and others say they’ve seen it, too

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article228080404.html

Bossman, you need to duplicate this post in the joke thread, or that thread documenting folks doing stupid stuff. 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on January 31, 2021, 06:14:25 AMBigfoot hunting proposal has Sasquatch enthusiasts crying foul

https://nypost.com/2021/01/30/bigfoot-hunting-proposal-has-sasquatch-enthusiasts-crying-foul/

<The first sighting came on a favorite hiking trail at night. Robusto had a night-vision monocular light, scoping out wildlife. Instead, he came across a Bigfoot climbing down a tree about 60 feet in front of him. "I was watching it — and it blinked at me.">

Woolly Bugger

Florida Turkey hunters encounter fighting panthers

me -There's a season?

Big J

Trout Maharishi

I'm not sure but I think a warning shot may have resolved the problem?
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on September 30, 2021, 14:54:00 PMI'm not sure but I think a warning shot may have resolved the problem?

I agree with TM.  How any rounds does this auto hold?  Surely a shot or two or three in front of the cat would have sent the kitty scampering. 

The cat "pounced" or the cat "went to pounce"?  And if the cat did pounce, why was he in the same spot, not forward toward the shooter that I can see?

I ain't impressed!  And if you are going to hang a "mother fucker" on a critter, reserve it for the one's with 2 legs.   

driver

That guy is a tool. Just another gun weirdo looking for a reason to shoot something. A warning shot(s) would have sent that cat running  for miles. If you are going into cat country you should learn yourself what to do if you encounter a cougar.

Big J

I'm kind of of the opinion that any animal that hunts or stalks a human probably is at the point of needing to be put down. But what do I know.

Trout Maharishi

She is just like a lot of other young cats, curious and maybe a little confused. She could have jumped up in his face in a single bound. I don't know why he didn't back up to try and create some space. I've seen a hand full over the years but never one that close. Hard to say what I would have done face to face. Here's what the guy that shot her said

"I've been hesitant to post this, mainly because of my personal feelings surrounding the situation. I just wanted her to walk away. The incident was cleared by CPW and I'm fortunate to walk away unscathed and only traumatized.
The short story is, I was archery elk hunting here in CO and this cat was hunting me. I saw it about the moment I started recording, except a moment before in a creep/hunt stance. I was sitting and already had my phone in hand. I quickly drew my Glock and hit record on my phone. I was in a bad position and it was a face to face, fight or flight moment for the cat and I, we both stood our ground. As I'm talking to it in defense mode, it is obvious that she was confused and curious. At only 4 yards she decided to come closer, this is when I dropped my phone to place my other hand on my gun. There was a definitive change in posture and body language from the cat, as she decided to proceed with the attack, crouching to leap. In a micro split of a second she came forward and the pressure on my trigger broke the sear, landing a shot that would dispatch her immediately. There is no question of her intentions, and for that I am angry. I just wanted her to walk away. It is my contention that she was young and stupid, and possibly a bit hungry; however, she was such a beautiful creature and there is no honor by me in her death. Fear for your life in a fraction of a second and you will understand the emotions. Self defense sucks!"

#mountainlion #cougar #puma #lion #colorado #backcountry #hunting
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Dee-Vo

This reminds me of the deer (or other game) hunters that shoot an animal when it enters a baited area only to cut its head off to show off the antler size. No meat used. Just throw it in the ditch.

Hang it on the wall! Look at this monster I killed! What a challenge that was!

Woolly Bugger

The FBI Will Neither Confirm Nor Deny the Existence of These Documents I Just Printed
The FBI once acknowledged the existence of surveillance NDAs. Now it won't.

Lawyers for the American Civil Liberties Union are fighting to uncover more about the FBI's role in helping local police acquire powerful cellphone surveillance devices known widely as "stingrays." The true scope of their use against Americans has, by design, remained a closely guarded secret for more than a decade. This is thanks to secrecy requirements devised by the federal government, which police departments and prosecutors have followed to an extreme.

In a lawsuit filed this week in Manhattan federal court, the ACLU accuses the FBI of violating the nation's freedom of information law by refusing to even acknowledge the existence of any documents that contractually prohibit police from disclosing information about stingrays. Should there be any doubt, these documents do, in fact, exist. I should know. I'm staring at several of them right now.

https://gizmodo.com/fbi-will-neither-confirm-nor-deny-the-existence-of-thes-1848234939

In another story...

Boston police bought spy tech with a pot of money hidden from the public

me -There's a season?

Big J

Woolly Bugger

Bigfoot has been 'spotted' more than 100 times in North Carolina, Bigfoot Field Researchers say

HIGH POINT, N.C. (WGHP) — Have you seen a 7-foot-tall, bipedal, ape-like creature walking around the Tar Heel State?

Well, it may not be as far-fetched as it may sound relative to other places in the country.

According to BetOhio.com, North Carolina ranks 17th among the lower 48 states in reported bigfoot sightings.

However, those numbers could be on the rise as alleged Bigfoot sightings have been reported in both North and South Carolina within the last month.

North Carolina also has more Bigfoot sightings than most of its neighboring states with the exception of Georgia.

According to The Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization, there have been 107 reported sightings of Bigfoot in North Carolina. The most recent of which occurred in Orange County on July 1.

https://myfox8.com/offbeat/bigfoot-has-been-spotted-more-than-100-times-in-north-carolina-bigfoot-field-researchers-say/
me -There's a season?