News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Government Shutdown!

Started by Woolly Bugger, September 29, 2023, 14:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

We elect those fuckers to do their job. When they clown around and create a shit storm, their pay should be docked (and not retroactively paid) until they get the job done.

QuoteSo will Congress have to work without pay? Oh, wait, stupid Question. They haven't worked in years and still get paid.

It's no skin off those fuckers' backs, and they don't care about the harm that this bullshit causes.

They all should be banned from reelection.

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

greg

Could not agree more. A bunch of fucksticks

trout-r-us

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Dougfish

Lets call it what it is.

MAGA shutdown.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Dougfish on September 30, 2023, 07:29:32 AMLets call it what it is.

MAGA shutdown.

Yes, they've all been identified, exposed. 

My cynicism emerges from those that voted for these "fuckers" and "fucksticks", and most would/will vote for them again.  Those that elevated them to office are our compatriots, perhaps our neighbors, perhaps our relatives, and maybe even our pals. 

"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron." H. L. Mencken

We've experienced and endured that rodeo!  My senescent yearning is purge this flotsam and jetsam from their greedy, ignorant pedestal (all the shutdowners, all the Menendezs, etc.) and replace them with xxxxxx (I don't care if they're white, black, brown, green, clear, straight, gay, believer, atheist, male, female, eunuch, etc. if they are selfless, accountable, and sincere). 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Dougfish

Shutdown history.
Is there a pattern?!You cannot view this attachment.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
Kelly's Heroes,1970

But if I do,

Woolly Bugger

Imagine that; they had to "work" on Saturday and somehow managed to pass a 45 day spending gap bill.

Congress races to avoid a shutdown  - https://www.npr.org/2023/09/30/1202839419/house-and-senate-race-to-find-agreement-ahead-shutdown-deadline

Now on to the Senate 
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dougfish

You cannot view this attachment.
Kelly's Heroes,1970

But if I do,

Onslow

The most thoughtful DB headline I've observed in a while.

You cannot view this attachment.

Dumbasses