News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Alaska 38Kft morning

Started by troutphisher, February 03, 2007, 08:46:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutphisher

I took a few pic's from the planes window, while flying over Alaska.
The monitor on the seat said we were flying over Juno. This was 8 hours after leaving China.

The mountains were an awesome view at sunrise, the pictures don't do it justice. I saw many frozen rivers and streams, and could only wonder at the fishing possibilities. Clear summer skies. Casting to wild rainbows or Dolly's.

There were not many trees stream side. so casting would have been easy, with long lazy casts, to slow clear runs. I was thinking about the fight of a 7lb rainbow. How would it feel pulling on the rod, as the line races from the reel. The sound of the drag zipping, my palm on the reel rim, trying to slow down the run.

I could only imagine the colors of the trout, shining in the sunlight. The clear water blurring colors where lines meet. Two hands to hold the giant, then the slow release back into it's clear running free stone home.

I can only hope one day, I might find my self in this place. The solitude of the area, would have been good remedy for the soul.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

peter p

Phish

Nice pics and great imagery in your writing.  You took me there with you on this chilly morning
Peter

troutjedi

Bloy

Quote from: troutphisher on February 03, 2007, 08:46:39 AM
The solitude of the area, would have been good remedy for the soul.
Amen, brother.
Barry
Times fun when you're having flies.
...Kermit

troutphisher

Let's go.....you're driving  ;D

Don't tempt me. One day, when I stop posting, and you all think I am either dead or gone.

This is where I'll be, the mountains and wilderness of Alaska!  0--0

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Arky_Dan

I too ,have been fortunate enough to see it from the air . it's a beautiful place to visit but I have no desire to live there . I hate cold weather  BRRRRRRR !!!!!!
work is for people who don't know how to fly fish !!!!!!

Trout Maharishi

Enter those photos in the photo contest. Windshield and window shots usually do real well.  ;D
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

AlaskaBill

If you ever want to go I can help. Most all of my time there ws spent in Southeast. The pics are great. I have some like that when I went to Petersburg this past August. I love it up there. Don't think I could move back but greatfull I can visit all my friends and fish my old places. :D

phg

Summers in Alaska are nice, but what would you do with the other 50 weeks of the year?