News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Finally got thru!!!!!!

Started by troutphisher, January 25, 2007, 01:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutphisher

Wool:
You must have a deal with Grand Hyatt Shanghai  ???
All of the other places I have been to did not let me get to this site, said it was anti-commie???? I told them you did employ some commie mods, but that didn't seem to work.

Well I can't find any decent boo rods here, they make them for out side of China only, I still haven't located the company that sells them in the USA market, but I am still looking.

I have until Saturday to find some.

It's 1:50pm Thursday right now. So I didn't expect to see any body else on line...he he he.

I was in Fuzhou yesterday, in Fujian Provence, It's on the ocean and the weather was much warmer around 16C. I went to a monk temple after a business meeting, I had the afternoon off. The monk temple was up on top of Drum mountain. It was very cool to see this temple it was built by monks in 1626, and they still practice Buddhism there. They are Shaolin priests (Kong foo). I asked one of them if I could take his pic, he said hello (Ni how)and was very cool.

This trip has been pretty good, as far as meeting the local folks, very nice people! I have been able to complete business on most occasions by noon, and it gives me the after noons to mingle with the folks.

I did get shanghaied Tuesday by some old ladies, they wanted to shine my gym shoes, and I kept saying no thanks, but they were persistent, and proceeded to shine any ways, then when they were done, they wanted 30 yuan! I only had 25 on me! they started to scream and a crowd gathered around to see the ruckus, I open my wallet and gave them green backs...he he he he. 4 bucks.
they were happy and I was rescued by a local shop owner who could speak some English.

I have taken over 300 pic's since I have been here, and have seen most of the old temples, very cool stuff. I have traveled to 10 different cites and provence's, from the north to the south of China near Hong Kong in Guangdong Provence.
Very different cultures from the northern Chinese.

I'll talk to you all later, I am headed out on the streets again, in search of the tonkin cane!

TP
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Trout Maharishi

Maybe visiting all those monks and temples will have a positive influence on you. >:D
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

troutphisher

Na, to much smoke and incense  ???,
Also some pretty funky rules, no sex, drinking, smoking, cussing etc...etc.
It holds no allure for me, but is of some interest, providing yet another religion.

I do like the fighting aspect, trained killers, no turning the other cheek there. They are short, but pack a big punch.
This is however just a side track to the real mission, boo!

The food is another side show, I have eaten animal parts, that would make a goat puke. They do provide a good sauce to cover the taste though, which makes it easier on the pallet. I ate some sort of snake tonight, wok fried of course, but did provide some interesting texture. The beer is of very good quality, more of a lager type, Jingling, and  Pearl river being quite good. The rice wine I can do with out, it's more like potent soy sauce.

I did see another spectacle tonight, a woman getting a traffic ticket on a bicycle... ??? She was apparently upset over the issue, she was yelling at the officer, and he just ignored her while writting out the violation, she paid him 10 yuan, and he gave her 3 back, from what I could decipher, she switched lanes from the bike lane too the auto lane, with no signal, and did not stop her peddling in the allotted time?

It's funny to see them all lined up at the few traffic signals, like cars revving their motors for the start of some official race, they peddler their Archie's off down the main straight away, and round the turns, but no banking turns here, pure centrifugal forces in action...he he he.

I need to go fishing, (I have not seen anything resembling a trout stream)this is the only thought other than finding boo that keeps me going, the work is second nature and not much challenge, but still needs do diligence.

By my opinion, a country with no trout, is no place for me! Nice place to visit, but thats the extent of it.
I ask the locals about bamboo fishing rods, and they laugh, replying, bamboo is not strong enough to catch fish with. I can only assume they have never casted to, or hooked a trout. I am sure if they had the experience, they would not dismiss this so easily....frigging commies.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Gofisher

Careful where you are when ya call them "commies"... :o
Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

Devinsdad

Been enjoyin your posts Karl.. Stay safe over there good luck with the Boo Search

DJ65

I was starting to wonder if you'd sought political asylum or had been reformed.  ;D

troutphisher

Well,

The Commies finally got sick of me, and sent me home. I just got back tonight.
Dam long flight. I started out at 06:00 Shanghai time, 14 hours non-stop to Chicago, good thing they served Maker's Mark, that made the trip bearable.

Three hour lay over in Chicago, and I was on my way home! Total flight time near 17 hours, total trip time, near 25 hours, I am exhausted!

I like the weather reports, and may go fishing tomorrow, or should I say later today. It's going to take a couple days to get back on the Carolina time, he he he.

I miss my little Buddha buddies  ;D.....NOT!