Take a Net!! on the Ditch

Started by Devinsdad, January 07, 2007, 17:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devinsdad

Mitchell still continues to produce.

Had the stream pretty much to ourselves all day with only 3-4 other cars on the whole river.

fished by the phone booth early on with no luck. Seemes to be a steady stream of size 18-20 BWO coming off. Nothing heavy but persistant.

Fish were not eating on the surface. Had several soft hits on nymphs today, strikes were subtle.

Started here with no luck, but always wanted to fish this spot. Did have a few bites under the bridge.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Caught 4 today, including this brute which I fought for several minutes.
Forgot the net today. Note to self... If you are going to catch the Big ones, you gotta have a net. It is impossible to take a portrait of these guys by yourself, with out one.

This guy was an easy 20 inches, had to tail him to land him as he would not let me get in front of him, and would not hold still long enough to have his pic taken. Big Shouldered Bubba was camera shy..
He hit a red with gold ribbed wet fly that Troutphisher tied up for me, in fast water.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

troutphisher

Excellent fish! way to go with out a net.
I bet that was fun fighting that one!

Good pic under the circumstances! I'd take that challenge all day long.

Nice!

TP
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Woolly Bugger

sweet DD. you're tearing 'em up on the Ditch!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

lepomis_mcro

what is it with you and not having your net?..... ;) good job
(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

Devinsdad

The funniest part I left out... Devin was so mad... he said he was gonna stick one in my ear next time ( I think thats what he said)  ;D ;D....he was tired of not being able to touch the fish

Bloy

Beautiful 'bow. Big bow's are wonderful creatures!
Barry
Times fun when you're having flies.
...Kermit

Gofisher

Quote from: Devinsdad on January 07, 2007, 18:38:36 PM
The funniest part I left out... Devin was so mad... he said he was gonna stick one in my ear next time ( I think thats what he said)  ;D ;D....he was tired of not being able to touch the fish

Heck, just throw the boy in and let him touch the fish! He'll never want to stick one in your ear again... ;) ;D
Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

teachrtec

Nice DD. I am gonna have to fish the Mitchel more. It's about 15 minute from my wifes dads house in Dobson. She see more frequent visits in the future  ;)
Brad  8)