Wanted: Reel for 4wt.

Started by stonedfly17, January 13, 2007, 17:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stonedfly17

Since I was a dumb@$$ and drove off with my reel on the back of the truck yesterday o-o, I guess I'm in the market for another one. Anyone got something layin' around that you wanna get rid of? I'm looking to spend under $100, but could be swayed by a good deal on something a little more expensive. Whatcha got?

Woolly Bugger

I'd check ebay for Orvis Mid Arbor reels

like this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ORVIS-BATTENKILL-MID-ARBOR-III-REEL-USED_W0QQitemZ270079172948QQihZ017QQcategoryZ23818QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

good luck, sorry to hear about losing your reel, Maniac lost two rods and reels at PFF last year... off the truck and run over, couldn't find enough of the rods to make a warranty claim either...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

lepomis_mcro

got a couple of these, work great.. it as far as i can tell its the same reel as the orvis, but the cut out design in the reel is different.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PFLUEGER-TRION-FLY-REEL-Large-Arbor-Model-1934-NEW_W0QQitemZ180073245748QQihZ008QQcategoryZ23818QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

Woolly Bugger

stony, did you call Davidson River Outfitters to see if somebody might have turned the reel in or put up a "found" notice....

ya never know!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutjedi

If you're really desperate, I've got a couple of old Pflueger Medalists.....I could part with one for $15 if you cover the shipping.

See if they are still offering a free extra spool on the Orvis Mid-Arbor reels.  That's a sweet deal.....

trout_boy_II

Sounds like a Freudian slip to me.  If you want to spend all of that $100, why not a new Orvis BBS?  Great reel for the money IMHO.

TB

Fire-Fly

I have a Teton reel for sale that i would sale for $100 dollars, it is in perfect condition.It is made for a 4 wt line. Just let me know.