good time to hit the Smith

Started by Al, January 08, 2007, 20:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

Now would be a good time to hit the Smith. They stocked the Dam and Lower sections today ;D

Woolly Bugger

Al,

A bunch of us are going on Sat. Hope the rain holds off till later the next week.

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

lepomis_mcro

working sat.. might see how sunday is going to go
(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

lepomis_mcro

Quote from: trout-r-us on January 08, 2007, 22:59:49 PM
I may just go up to the dam with spinning rod and power bait and join the other old guys. Haven't had any smoked rainbow trout in a long time.

now that sounds like a plan...... you need anyone to bring the PBR beer
(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

Al

Quote from: trout-r-us on January 08, 2007, 22:59:49 PM
I may just go up to the dam with spinning rod and power bait and join the other old guys. Haven't had any smoked rainbow trout in a long time.

Don't forget your five gallon bucket to sit on, or your pocket knife for cutting a nice a forked stick. ::)

On a more serious side - I am glad to see them generating that much right after stocking. It tends to distribute the fish a lot more.

phg

...yeah, some of them will get washed down into the Spec.Regs. section. >:D  A few 'bows mixed in with the browns always did cause a bit of excitement.  Those hatchery bows should try spawning in a month or two.  That'll give the browns more to eat.

phg

I can't say as I have ever caught a stream born rainbow in the Smith.  When the biological clock tells them to spawn, though, they will try.  There just isn't much spawning ground with the generation the way it is, and I'm sure the eggs get washed away in short order.

It is really a puzzle to me where to browns spawn, as they need very similar conditions, just at a different time of year.  It is possible, though, that the browns are spawning in the side streams, since they are cold enough during the winter.  It's just there aren't many side streams in the SpecReg section.

lepomis_mcro

no generation this weekend.. but the rest of the week is a mess.. they are generating 5 am till 10pm and 11pm though this week :(

lepomis_mcro

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on January 08, 2007, 21:29:31 PM
Al,

A bunch of us are going on Sat. Hope the rain holds off till later the next week.

how did it go.. what was the water color?

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: lepomis_mcro on January 13, 2007, 18:54:06 PM
Quote from: Woolly Bugger on January 08, 2007, 21:29:31 PM
Al,

how did it go.. what was the water color?

It was a good day on the Smith, tough fishing though, not too many fish came to hand, I got three on the surface. Pretty fish! One took a BWO and I got the other two with a CDC Rabbit Emerger :)
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!