News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

SEFFF

Started by flytire, December 22, 2006, 22:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flytire

Does anybody know if the SEFFF site is down or been hacked.

I tried getting on but a message box appears and says I'm blacklisted or something to that effect!

troutjedi

Sounds like you are personna non grata, flytire.  You must have stirred the pudding a little too hard over there  ;D

Woolly Bugger

good work there flytire...  :o

you may have expressed an opinion that went against management's views....

don't worry i've been kicked out of better places than that.... hehehheh
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

phg

The server was a bit slow last night, but it didn't go down.  Contact DevinsDad, he's on this forum too.  I didn't see anything I thought would be objectionable, but then there are a couple of threads I'm ignoring right now....

I'm getting smarter in my old age.  When people begin discussing their pet peeves with religious fervor, I back out of there.  Not that I'm not opinionated too, but that's not why I visit these forums.

troutphisher

SELFF is a pseudo religious site, they should either remove that element, or convert 100%. And let folks know.

Maybe a statement, like, all religious people welcome. Non religious keep away.
This would clear up a lot of issues, and give an indication to possible members of what they are getting into.

If I had known the site was going to evolve into this current philosophy, I would have never joined, but it seamed like it was a sudden change.

You can say want you want as long as it has a religious element or over tone. You can even insult folks, and it seams they are tolerant. But say something against religion or someone who espouses to be with god, and your thread gets pulled.

That's why I enjoy this site much better.

Woolly is a much better moderator.  You'll get no such treatment here.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

flytire

I didnt post anything religious, just a couple of jokes that were not offensive that I know of.

Heres the message I get trying to log on

"You have been denied access to this forum. The reason is that you are visiting us from a place that has been blacklisted as an Open Proxy. You have to fix this, and return.

If you want to know exactly where you are blacklisted, go see www.tornevall.net/cgi-bin/ip.cgi."

I have no idea what it means.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: flytire on December 23, 2006, 10:43:33 AM
I didnt post anything religious, just a couple of jokes that were not offensive that I know of.

Heres the message I get trying to log on

"You have been denied access to this forum. The reason is that you are visiting us from a place that has been blacklisted as an Open Proxy. You have to fix this, and return.

If you want to know exactly where you are blacklisted, go see www.tornevall.net/cgi-bin/ip.cgi."

I have no idea what it means.

if you are using an anonymous proxy service SELF won't let you log on as a security measure...

this is from wiki

Generally, a proxy server allows users within a network group to store and forward internet services such as DNS or web pages so that the bandwidth used by the group is reduced and controlled. With an "open" proxy, however, any user on the Internet is able to use this forwarding service.

By utilizing some open proxies (the so-called "anonymous" open proxies), users can conceal their true IP address from the accessed service, and this is sometimes used to abuse or interrupt that service, potentially violating its terms of service or the law; open proxies are therefore often seen as a problem. However, anonymous open proxies are also used to increase anonymity or security when browsing the web or using other internet services: a user's true IP address can be used to deduce information about that user and to hack into his or her computer. Furthermore, open proxies can be used to circumvent efforts at Internet censorship by governments or organizations. Several web sites exist which provide constantly updated lists of open proxies.[1]

It is possible for a computer to be running an open proxy server without knowledge of the computer's owner. This can be the result of misconfiguration of proxy software running on the computer, or of infection with malware (viruses, trojans or worms) designed for this purpose.

Many open proxies run slowly, sometimes below 14400 baud, or even below 300 baud, while other times the speed may change from fast to slow every minute. Some, such as PlanetLab proxies run faster and were intentionally set up for public use.

Because open proxies are often implicated in abuse, a number of methods have been developed to detect them and to refuse service to them. IRC networks with harsh usage policies automatically test client systems for known types of open proxies.[2] Likewise, a mail server may be configured to automatically test mail senders for open proxies, using software such as proxycheck.[3] Increasingly, mail servers are configured out of the box to consult various DNSBL servers in order to block spam; some of those DNSBLs also list open proxies.
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

flytire

Is there an laymans translation of what I have to do to get back on?   ??? o-o

Devinsdad

Norm-
try clearing your cookies, also I will reset your password check your pm's on this board for the new one.  I hope thisd helps.  And I have no idea what woolly just said, ;D

Trout Maharishi

//? //? //? //? I banged on my gong and all is cured 0--0
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Devinsdad

Come to find out, one of the gurus had loaded a spam blocking software to test and it was blocking members, its no longer there, should have no problems now

troutjedi

Guru's are overrated.....ain't that right, Maharishi?

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: flytire on December 23, 2006, 13:37:07 PM
Is there an laymans translation of what I have to do to get back on?   ??? o-o

see, what did I tell you?
me -There's a season?

Trout Maharishi

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

troutphisher

Is that pig named Elton?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.