Main Menu

SEFFF

Started by flytire, December 22, 2006, 22:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gofisher

God bless you TP!   :)
Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

Phil

Sometimes I feel a bit out of place at SEFFF because I'm not a Bible Thumper. I dunno. Maybe it's just me.

troutphisher

Sometimes I feel a bit out of place at SEFFF because I'm not a Bible Thumper. I dunno. Maybe it's just me.

Welcome aboard!

You don't have to worry about that here. Thats what makes this place better.
I think to many of those folks over there have read a River Runs Through It, one to many times, and think all good fly fisherman, especially dry fly fisherman must be religious?  ???

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Trout Maharishi

I will display a prayer flag, and spin the wheel 3 times for both of you :) You may also both benefit from brother Al's anger management program.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

olyns

I signed on here this morning to ask a legitimate question. I am looking at buying some kind of watercraft and have found one I like. It is a hybrid kind of thing made by Dave Scadden. I clicked on this thread because the title caught my eye. Now I wish I hadn't read any of it. I have no idea why some of you feel the need to slam SEFFF. It seems like a childish thing to do. There is another board that carries way too much vulgarity and bad language for my taste. I've never posted anything against that board except what you read here and I apologize for mentioning it here. What I'm saying is, if you don't like a particular board, stay away from it. But for the sake of the folks who do,leave it alone.

I noticed also there are basically two kinds of people here. The ones that also post on SEFFF, and those that blast SEFFF. There is , thank Goodness, another type here. The legitimate, live and let live fly fisher. So maybe I'll go post my question, maybe one of these folks will reply.

With the love of Jesus the Christ for all folks,
;DlynS

thelow

I will preface my post with this info... Harvey self destructed and took his message board down with him it was right before a PFF gathering (smallie show).  There was a kind of meeting to see what should be done so that the PFF stuff stayed on a website that would be reliable.  I voiced my opinion that Keith's board was the board we needed to go with.  He has no affiliation with a shop or guides so no one would have to worry about stepping on toes and his board's software was way better AND his board would not just go away if a shop had a bad season and closed.  The consensus was to stay with Eugene's board and that was that.   

I think Olyns and Mstash said the same thing in this thread in slightly different ways...lol.  But you know I tend to agree with them.  Does SEFFF have problems (other then the long and unruly name)?  Yes it does but so does every other site too.  I still like it there; it has changed over the years but I still go there because there are good people who post and they know a lot about SE fly fishing.  I don't go there to talk politics or religion so it doesn't bother me if there are a lot of "bible thumpers" there.  I don't fit in with the Christian right wing that, may or may not, dominate over there and I have never been made to feel like an outsider.  Probably because I go there to talking fly fishing and not to tweak people with different beliefs then me.  I am a highly spiritual person but not much for organized religion of any kind and no one has ever sent me a packet in the mail or a PM trying to "save" me; no one has ever even asked me if I love the baby Jesus.  If you go to SEFFF and post about fishing you will get well thought out helpful answers to your questions.  If you go there to stir the pot you will probably get "moded" there are worse things in the world...
What's Rob doing today? https://www.instagram.com/rjeeves716/

Peddler

It looks like someone here wears his LACK of Faith on his sleeve to the point of nausia and seems to feels he knows more than the 2,000 members on that other site which includes most people who post here. Impressive.
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Woolly Bugger

If ya'll will note this thread was started by a SEFF memeber who was having issues logging on. He thought he may have been banned, but but we tried to help and DD posted what the problem was. Then the thread turned to sophomoric dribble. If you are offended by the views of others then perhaps you shouldn't come to a forum that allows more freedom of expression. 

Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutjedi

Die, thread, die.....DIE DIE DIE!!!!!!!!

o-o o-o o-o

Gofisher

What the world
needs now,
is love, sweet love,
that's the only thing
that there's not, enough of...  :-*
Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.