News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

a cool hatch....

Started by walt, December 08, 2006, 12:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walt

yesterday the powers-that-be concerning the release schedule on the catawba river decided to shut-down the turbines at 3pm.

lessseeeeeeee.... hmmm, 4pm the water will drop off down below rollin-on-da-ribber bridge.... good shoals.... could be a nymphin' opportunity before sunset.

picked up zac at his place at three, went over to the new shop location and donned the waders and boots (also enjoyed a cool guinness that zac was so nice to offer) so that we could hit the water at four.

arrived at the river to see that the water was indeed falling, and we proceeded down to first shoal and slid in and started nymphing. zac worked downstream a bit and i worked up back towards the bridge.

after an hour-or-so, no fish. nada. skunked.

but what a hatch! snow flurries. first snow i've seen this year.... way cool on the river.

tight lines fellahs and merry christmas.....

wally
"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy

troutphisher

It is pretty cool to fish during snow flurries  ;D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Stone-Man

Sorry about the El-Skunko,but I like to fish in the snow. I usually catch my biggest fish of the year in the snow or on extremely overcast winter days.
something about it just brings out the big browns

JT

Woolly Bugger

I've got fond memories of fishing in the snow up on, but as usual catching helps :)
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Bloy

Quote from: troutphisher on December 08, 2006, 12:23:42 PMIt is pretty cool to fish during snow flurries 

Done it once. Pretty cool. No pun intended.
Barry
Times fun when you're having flies.
...Kermit

Mstash

They need to turn the water off at noon. So you have more time to work it.

You in the new shop yet?

Send out the new info on it.

Mstash

walt

Quote from: Stone-Man on December 08, 2006, 16:10:05 PM
Sorry about the El-Skunko,but I like to fish in the snow. I usually catch my biggest fish of the year in the snow or on extremely overcast winter days.
something about it just brings out the big browns

JT

jt.... ain't seen ya in a while... hope all is well.

thar was a dawg sightin' here saturday  0--0 0--0 0--0

wally
"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy

walt

Quote from: Mstash on December 09, 2006, 06:29:38 AM
They need to turn the water off at noon. So you have more time to work it.

You in the new shop yet?

Send out the new info on it.

Mstash

did ya get to go this afternoon? sure would have liked to join ya, damn work.

new shop... heh-heh-heh   o-o o-o (that's me hammerin' nails)

hopefully by march
— Cormac McCarthy

Mstash

1-10" Bo
1- 8" Brown

Just good to be out

Mstash