Headwaters and Tea stick boo rods

Started by troutphisher, December 07, 2006, 19:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutphisher

This is an update on the rods I purchased a year ago. I have fished these rods exclusively for the last year, alternating rods every week. I have fished 105 days so far this year, with about 10 more fishing days left.

Both rods have performed, and held up excellently. No loose wraps, no loose ferrules and the finish has remained intact. The cork shows some discoloration, but I have not cleaned these rods, other than normal drying after fishing.

I fished these rods in some pretty tough conditions, freezing rain, hot summer days, and in very tough rivers, Including the green river gorge wild section. These rods have held up to climbing steep terrain, winding trails and snags.

I have fished a variety of water with them, from wild back country small streams to the big water French broad. I have caught small fish 4" and large fish 20" + with them, and they are still fishing strong. I am very happy with the purchase, and they have provided plenty of fishing enjoyment.

For the money, they fit the bill.

By comparison, I have have gone through two sets of boots, and one pair of waders.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

lepomis_mcro

the headwater is a pretty good rod...i will be going on two years this febuary with mine.. no complants :)
(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

Trout Chaser

That's great to hear.  I'm glad others are enjoying the "boo" experience.  I've become hooked.  Don't have any classics yet, but have a number of ones made by lesser known regional makers. 

TC

troutphisher

Looks like Headwaters has a local shop carrying their products.
They Also have several more boo models available.

This Shop will let you cast a rod before you decide!

http://www.diamondbrand.com/
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

BC

I've got a 7' 4 wt. Headwaters rod . Started out not being too krazy about it . Then I went up a line size per some good advice from Bo Cash , and it made all the difference in the world . I love fishin' this rod now . It loads and shoots a 5 wt. almost effortlessly .