News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

SEFFF Down????

Started by diamonddave7676, December 05, 2006, 05:28:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diamonddave7676

Is it just me or is the SEFFF down???  I have not been able to access it since late yesterday.  Anyone else had any problems or is it just me???

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

teachrtec

I thought it was me?

Brad  8)
Brad  8)

troutjedi

Maybe the tone over there finally caused the server to crash  ;D

peter p

Peter

troutphisher

With all the brain power and expertize over there, you'd think they could keep the place up.  ???
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Arky_Dan

No problem logging on for me  , but if they knew who I really am ,then ??? that's another story for another time ................... Dan
work is for people who don't know how to fly fish !!!!!!

Peddler

Quote from: troutphisher on December 05, 2006, 16:27:05 PM
With all the brain power and expertize over there, you'd think they could keep the place up.  ???

Fer shizzle! With 1,850+ members and over 300 active members one would think, huh?   8)
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Peddler on December 06, 2006, 08:05:03 AM

Fer shizzle! With 1,850+ members and over 300 active members one would think, huh?   8)

we've discounted you Peddler as more of a brain drain than trust...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Peddler

troutphisher

Quote from: Peddler on December 06, 2006, 08:05:03 AM

So what your saying is that 83% don't think its worth a return visit? he he he he
I agree!   (300/1850)-1=.837 funny I would have thought 90 percentile range, but their working on it  ;D  good luck!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

phg

Come on, y'all, get real!  Many people are members of both forums, but statistically:

SEFF: Threads: 9,501, Posts: 92,628, Members: 1,855, Active Members: 321

BRFFF: 7430 Posts in 1316 Topics by 505 Members.

I like Keith, and I like this forum, but by comparison, things are dead over here. :-\  I realize that part of it is just the time of year, but to keep up interest, someone needs to start new threads from time to time.  I try to post my fishing reports on both sites, but I haven't been fishing in 4 weeks. 

Peddler

Quote from: troutphisher on December 06, 2006, 16:49:28 PM

So what your saying is that 83% don't think its worth a return visit?

No, what I'm saying is that with that many people there's bound to be those with the knowledge to answer a question with facts. A very good example would be Plumbob whose anwers on fly tying are spot-on. Others might be the answers to questions of specific area's to which someone who lives in the area might respond.
Any answer that is BS would be put to task straight away.
The lurkers? Just as in life in general, there are doers and there are users. Lurkers just join to suck in information.

troutphisher

If the SELFF is to your liking, I am glad you have choices.

But for me, its useless, it has become a talk show, like Jerry Springer.
It has some menial entertainment value, like indicator colors, or favorite music while tying (the lamest post yet), or the numerous other meaningless posts, just to post.

To glean information from that site is a tough proposition, not saying it can't be done, but the work effort required is more than I am willing to put into it.  ;D

phg

Well, I have 2 reasons for visiting either site:
1) I like chatting with some of the people.
2) I pick up bits of useful information.

Having worked in customer support for the past 20 years, and teaching for 7 years before that, I've come to realize that you never get away from the trivial questions.  People are lazy, and they'd rather ask a question than bother researching it.  Sometimes I ignore the questions, but just about as often, I'll answer it ... again.

I agree that some of the threads are pointless.  There are at least 5 active threads right now that I haven't bothered to look at, and several more that I'm ignoring, but that's true of most boards.  Even here, there have been several threads that I only "looked at" to clear the <new> tag. 

My point is that there isn't a "best" forum, they are all much the same.  Each does have it's own tone, though, set by the moderators and the rules they adhere to.  So if you don't like the tone of a particular board, don't hang out there.