Now this is a cool gadget! Long overdue in my opinion!

Started by Woolly Bugger, November 18, 2006, 17:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

I've only screwed up two cell phones buy getting them wet. Now there is a solution!

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/16/technology/16phone.html?_r=1&ref=technology&oref=slogin

The oddly named Verizon G'zOne — Is it Australian? Aimed at Generation Z extreme sports enthusiasts? — is a rugged phone that is completely submersible in water. That's right. Now you can call Troutjedi, JT or your other fishing buddies from the shower.

Actually the G'zOne can handle being underwater for only about 30 minutes, but it makes up for that by looking like an armored sea vessel. The openings for its 2-megapixel camera and built-in flash (which also serves as a flashlight) are shaped like a ship's portholes, and there is a round front screen for reading the time and caller I.D. The phone also has stopwatch and countdown timer functions.

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutjedi

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on November 18, 2006, 17:36:42 PM
Now you can call Troutjedi, JT or your other fishing buddies from the shower.

For the love of all that is holy....please don't call me from the shower  :P

;D

peter p

or while I am fishing.  Luckily my work cell phone doesn't work very well once I leave Asheville
Peter

troutphisher

The most despicable of all invention, IMO. Now they have gone and made it water resistant  o-o
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: troutphisher on November 18, 2006, 22:54:24 PM
The most despicable of all invention, IMO. Now they have gone and made it water resistant  o-o

I thought you would love it. Think on the next generation. An underwater camera, waterproof cell and built in microwave to cook the fish, with mp3 player for dinner music....

GE, brings good things to life!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

BC

I'm with troutphisher , a cell phone doesn't belong anywhere near water . I hate the blame things .

artist

woolly

i have the phone.... love it

after having several that i destroyed by dropping or in the water i have this one.... so far it is all that i hoped for.

i am sure there will be more available in the future... but why carry something that you have to treat like eggs.

thanks for the post

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: BC on November 20, 2006, 01:00:09 AM
I'm with troutphisher , a cell phone doesn't belong anywhere near water . I hate the blame things .

I wasn't talking about taking the blame things on the stream, I've had one to 'jump' off the dash and land into an open drink in the car. Zap fizzle, pop! and the other one, well I'm not sure this new phone would have survived the washing machine either  o-o
me -There's a season?

phg

One nice thing about Cingular, they don't have coverage in most out of the way places.   ;D

I always have to wait until I'm back on the interstate before I can call my wife to tell her that I'm on my way home. 

Stone-Man

That is pretty slick

I drowned a cell(Nokia) in Douglas lake last year and believe it or not it came back to life in about a day.

Where do you buy one?. My Carrier is Alltel

I'm with Jedi--------Don't call me from the shower

JT

Larry

The solution is to fish where there is no cell service which means there is no need to take your phone on the river. I hope I never see a person standing in the river talking on a cell phone. To much technology is not a good thing.

phg

I don't know, there's something to be said for taking a day off to go fishing, and then calling your buddy, who is at work, and showing him a cell phone picture of the monster trout you just caught.... >:D

jamisjockey

Quote from: troutjedi on November 18, 2006, 19:02:55 PM
Quote from: Woolly Bugger on November 18, 2006, 17:36:42 PM
Now you can call Troutjedi, JT or your other fishing buddies from the shower.

For the love of all that is holy....please don't call me from the shower  :P

;D

Maybe its got a phone feature.....
:o
-JD

I hated hipsters before it was mainstream

Stuart R.

That is just great. Now if the wife sees this can't use the ol " I'm afraid I'll drown it" line of not taking my phone with me. That is funny about phones on stream. I was on holston and was fishing a hole and a bait fisherman came down on the other side of a big calm hole which I was on the swift side of. He asked if I cared if he fished the deep side I told him to go ahead. About 20 mins later he hooks a nice brown. I hear ding,... ding,... ding in the distance, this guy walks over to the bank still fighting the fish and answers the phone. I could hear him he was like honey I'll have to call ya back I got a fish on. Unless there was a serious reason I would never take a phone, more or less answer it while fighting a nice fish.

STU
CPR Catch, Photo, Release.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Stuart R. on December 12, 2006, 01:36:17 AM
That is just great. Now if the wife sees this can't use the ol " I'm afraid I'll drown it" line of not taking my phone with me. That is funny about phones on stream. I was on holston and was fishing a hole and a bait fisherman came down on the other side of a big calm hole which I was on the swift side of. He asked if I cared if he fished the deep side I told him to go ahead. About 20 mins later he hooks a nice brown. I hear ding,... ding,... ding in the distance, this guy walks over to the bank still fighting the fish and answers the phone. I could hear him he was like honey I'll have to call ya back I got a fish on. Unless there was a serious reason I would never take a phone, more or less answer it while fighting a nice fish.

STU

just because it rings doesn't mean you have to answer...
me -There's a season?