News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

near Galax,Va

Started by Bloy, October 28, 2006, 19:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloy

3 weekends ago me and momma stayed at some cabins near Galax. There just happened to be a stream near-by and I just 'happened' to have 'all' my 'gear'...just in case  ;D. I believe it was a fork off the New river, Grayson county, Va. I think NC license are reciprocal there, at least that was my story :). The pay-off was great ;). Chased rainbows that morning and again that afternoon. Man were they pretty. Even caught a little sunfish, that surprised the heck out of me  ??? Never seen a sunfish mixed in with the bow's. They really like my hand tied EHC, that made me really enjoy the whole experience that much more. They were all in the 10" - 14" size. Really fun time mixed in during momma's back porch time.  Great family get-away!  :)
Barry
Times fun when you're having flies.
...Kermit

badankles

he he, nice planning there.  thinking about trying to plan something like that with the wife and kids myself.
when's a newbie no longer a newbie...

Bloy

Quote from: trout-r-us on November 03, 2006, 18:49:52 PM
Wish I could get my better half to sit on the porch while I fish.
My wife is actually an artist, she was painting the stream I was in plus all the fall foliage. Turned out real nice.  ;)
It was a tough job having to pose for all that time in the stream while catching rainbows, but I manage to 'suffer' through it all.  0--0

Barry
Times fun when you're having flies.
...Kermit