News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Very Smart move!

Started by troutphisher, October 31, 2006, 18:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

Got to weigh in here:

I was a Special Forces "A" Team commander at two different camps during the Vietnam war. At one of the camps (Thieu Nhon) we were on a canal and some of the Swift Boats came up to do joint operations with us. The theory was for them to ride up and down the canals and rivers at night until they got shot at.  The follow on force of my troops (CIDG - Civilian Indigenous Defense Group) would be right behind them in a converted light landing craft which would turn into bank in face of the ambush and overwhelm them. Sounds good in theory until you remember you are the one swinging into shore with all those fireworks pointed your way. I had one American killed (an attached medic by the name of Dallas Padgett) during my 2 1/2 years there and it was as a result of this type operation.

Make a long story short. I have a photo of whom I now realize is probably John Kerry on one of the Swift Boats. He is the fellow on left. Hindsight being 20/20 I should have pushed the SOB overboard during one of the ambushes. (Photo is from an old slide - you may have to scroll sideways to see RPG hole in side of boat from an ambush the night before)

Peddler

Quote from: Mstash on November 01, 2006, 13:00:10 PM
Didn't Kerry vote to go to war?
And if so. He didn't do his home work either

Many who voted for the war after the fine sales pitch the shamsters in GovCo gave have changed their minds since then too. Including many Republicans and the esteemed Colin Powell.
Had there actually been huge stockpiles of WMD's as in the photo's Colin Powell waved around that were reported to be a 'clear and present' danger to the U.S., I'm sure a HUGE majority of Americans would still be 'for' the war.
More Americans are against this war presently than are for it. I am willing to bet a very large majority would still like to see Osama's head on a platter and some of us will NEVER forget who the real bastage was who led the attack on 9/11, no matter what curve balls the White House throws at us!
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Peddler

Trout Maharishi

TBII,
Harry Thurman, now there was a leader. Too bad he ain't still alive and in charge. We could bring these SOBs in line really quick.

Al- Hindsight is always 20/20, we forgive you for not pushing him off the boat and leaving him ;) Let me assure you Jk was not your typical brown water Navy sailor ::)

We must put aside these political differences and demand competent leadership from our elected officials, no matter the party. Ya'll carry on bickering about party distinctions while the whole lot of em run the country into the ground.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

troutphisher

Funny! ;D ;D ;D

Sad thing is, thats exactly what Kerry thinks  is the mentality of our troops.

But I bet he failed to see the humor, and thinks they really want his help..LOL
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Al

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on November 01, 2006, 18:18:07 PM

We must put aside these political differences and demand competent leadership from our elected officials, no matter the party. Ya'll carry on bickering about party distinctions while the whole lot of em run the country into the ground.

You are right. Main thing is to get out and vote on Nov 7th no matter who you vote for. If you don't vote you have not reason to complain later.

BTW here in NC it is so easy to vote early that I am amazed that folks don't do it. I have already voted.

Now if one of you are going to sit this one out, let me know by PM along with your address and I will go vote for you.  >:D

I can't for the world figure out why they don't require a photo ID but think you know why mostly Democrats are against it.

troutphisher

Great way to end this debate!
The most important freedom we have in this country, is the freedom to choose!
It is by far, the one I hold most dearly.

The best way the exercise this freedom, is to vote!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

troutjedi

Quote from: Mstash on November 01, 2006, 13:00:10 PM
Didn't Kerry vote to go to war?
And if so. He didn't do his home work either

8@S   ;D ;D ;D

Brudog

Peter Griffin for President !!!
"...I play real sports, not try to be the best at exercising! " K. Powers

trout_boy_II

Nobody took my suggestion of $100 million a year salary seriously.  ???  Why not recruit good talent?  That's what corporate America does - and yeah, I can think of a number of smart ass remarks to that comment, but think about it for a minute.  :o

OK you can stop now.  Thanks.  :P

TB

lepomis_mcro

get out and vote....who are you guys kidding, you know they dont let felon's vote
(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

tw5270

People worth 100 mil a year don't want to be president. Too much bullsh*t that comes with the job. It's much more fun to make that kind of cash and have a private life.

...and Foamy, well here's link, read and learn. Welcome to the cult. ;D

http://www.illwillpress.com
http://www.friendsoffoamy.com

Peddler

TDub... the child billionaire of the owner of Amway and current CEO is running for governor of Michigan.
I'm probably correct in guessing it ain't always about the pay!  ;D

Gofisher

Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

Peddler