News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Very Smart move!

Started by troutphisher, October 31, 2006, 18:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tw5270

Quote from: Gofisher on October 31, 2006, 22:21:51 PM
Foamy is a sick, twisted, obnoxious, feline.....Oh wait, that sounds like the Dem Presidential candidate, Hillary-ious...

Oh Hush, Foamy could solve all our problems and you know it. You just don't like him because you can't understand what he's saying.

Oh! and he's a Squirrel, not a feline.

Peddler

Quote from: troutphisher on October 31, 2006, 22:01:25 PM
If Kerry is the best front runner for the Democratic party.....no thanks, I'll take Bush.

I think in the next Presidential cycle, if the choices are again to pick between two complete nimrods I'm throwing my vote at a third party.
In case you haven't noticed... BOTH PARTIES SUCK!
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

troutphisher

Ya, but one party sucks more  ;D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

tw5270

Quote from: troutphisher on October 31, 2006, 22:44:21 PM
Ya, but one party sucks more  ;D

and more often...

Barney Frank, Monica, That guy in New England....wait, maybe I should look into joining that party ;D

trout_boy_II

I would probably not vote for Senator Kerry for a number of reasons, but I hardly think he doesn't understand the military and the plight of the foot soldier.  His two purple hearts and Bronze Star in Viet Nam (another thanksless war Washington got us in) seem to give him credibility in that regard.

Frankly, I agree with Peddler that neither party offers much in the way of talent to run our country.  o-o   That's sad, real sad.  Obama sounds the best so far but really needs more experience, particularly in world affairs, in which he has none.  I don't think we're ready for a fresh, less jaded political candidate like that - or are we?

Should be interesting, but I'm not looking forward to the out come.  Still, I will vote for someone.  That's my duty as an American I think.

TB

PS  What if we offered a Presidential salary of $100 million a year?  Would that bring out better talent or just pay the politico's more $$??   ???

22midge

Why would they want to take a cut in pay ;D I think we should bring back Clinton...at least he had the seeds to keep the people he was screwing in the white house ;)
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

Peddler

Quote from: trout_boy_II on November 01, 2006, 07:25:36 AMbut really needs more experience, particularly in world affairs, in which he has none.  I don't think we're ready for a fresh, less jaded political candidate like that - or are we?

Do you mean 'again'?  ;D

World affairs ain't exactly peachy lately.
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

tw5270

Quote from: trout_boy_II on November 01, 2006, 07:25:36 AM
  His two purple hearts and Bronze Star in Viet Nam
TB

Actually he received Three.

All for "walking wounded" injuries.

Quotebut I hardly think he doesn't understand the military and the plight of the foot soldier.

I cannot agree with this statement. The majority of today's soldiers are living below poverty level. They are ALL volunteers, no draft in place. I don't think any politician understands today's soldier.

Bluetick1955

Just Look at His Past Record. Talking about Bush, Yea and I'm an Astronaut

troutphisher

QuoteHis two purple hearts and Bronze Star in Viet Nam (another thanksless war Washington got us in) seem to give him credibility in that regard.

Hmm, read some of the swift boat teams report about Kerry's service? They didn't support him in 2004?
But they might have been dumb ignorant soldiers and sailors.  ???
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Mstash

Didn't Kerry vote to go to war?
And if so. He didn't do his home work either

trout_boy_II

Isn't "which war?" the question.  I think everybody voted to go after 9-11.  the question is, how the hell did we get where we are today?

TB

Trout Maharishi

Little poking around  reveals some interesting in-site into Mr Kerry and his military service. Does no one remember his and Hanoi Jane's smear campain against the US military, baby killers? BTW, I'm not defending anyone. I'm just calling a spade a spade.

http://www.swiftvets.com/index.php

What course of action would you have us take TBII. Any of you tell me what we should do. Any idiot can see what's wrong. What always chaps my ass is someone who has never served, has no idea of military operations, or any shred of Intel but wants to be Patton or Nimitz. Is anyone naive enough to think that the President is actually solely responsible for this war, or even solely in charge of every facet and operation of this war?
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Gofisher

I wonder who they will vote for?  ::)

0--0
Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

trout_boy_II

Baba Trout -

The last thing I want to do is to start defending Sen. Kerry, but I do wonder who paid for the Swift Boat folk's web site.  I kinda doubt it was the Dem's, but suspect it may have something to do with the RNC's soft dollars.  Nothing illegal about that, just chaps me that both parties are so intent on smearing and not on touting their accomplishments.  But I digress...

I agree that the President is not the only one who has put us in this current war, but with a republican congress, Republican Senate, and republican President, seems like his leadership must have a lot to do with it.  President Truman ( sorry, a Democrat) stated it best - "...the buck stops here."  That's a "spade" in my book.

Peace.

TB

PS.. Tell me more about this "Foamy" guy...