News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Very Smart move!

Started by troutphisher, October 31, 2006, 18:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutphisher

The Democratic failed presidential bid Kerry, is quoted

"You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. And if you don't, you get stuck in Iraq," he said."

As if only the dumb young men fight wars?

Or is that,  if you study hard and get good grades you can avoid  service in the military?

It never ceases to amaze me, the arrogance of the democratic party leaders.
And to think he would have been the commander in chief, ya that works?

Living in a bubble will do this to your mind, the USA is much more then Manhattan and Berkly, there is a whole country between them, they forgot about.

When will they learn, it's better to connect, then to disconnect from the folks.

;D ;D ;D Way to go Comrade Kerry!

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Trout Maharishi

I'm still ready to go wherever they need help 8) I could only be so lucky as to have someone like him for a CO >:D
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Peddler

Two sides to every story, eh?
"You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. And if you don't, you get stuck in Iraq,"
It was a live speech in which he said he was refering to Bush. I believe him.
If you don't believe Lubners can happen to a public speaker, allow me to quote a few from the current President!  ;D
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

troutphisher

Yes there is two sides to every story, but one would think if your trying to win votes, you think before speaking.

Sure it wasn't his finest moment, but he doesn't even have the sack to pony up and apologize to the troops, he alienated?

He is trying to wiggle out of his statement, deflecting his short falls?
That shows lack of character, and complete utter arrogance.

Definition of insanity: repeating the same actions over and over, and expecting different results.

Doesn't sound like a winning strategy to me?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

lepomis_mcro

sounds like a true statement to me..

if bush would have studied hard, did his homework, and made an effort to be smart on who he put in charge of the defense department.........we wouldnt be stuck in iraq ;D

heck we might have even caught osama by now ;)
(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

lepomis_mcro

Quote"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

"I am truly not that concerned about him."
- G.W. Bush, repsonding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,
3/13/02 (The New American, 4/8/02)

but as you can tell we stoped looking for him years ago..
(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

Woolly Bugger

I read it, listed to it, then listened to his reply,

I think he was taking jab at BUSH
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutjedi

He may have misspoken, but we're talking about John Kerry here - a guy who poo poo's our service men and women every chance he gets.  He'll get no sympathy from me.  What a panty waste....

Peddler

If by character you mean sticking to your guns and never admitting fault, I know just the guy!
I think it's a certain party and their cheerleaders who, so near a major election, decided to decipher that statement of Kerry (who IS a butthead in my book) to their benefit. I don't blame them, anyone with even half their brain tied behind their back would.  ;)
Insane is putting up a huge sign behind you during a major photo-op stating the war was won well before it ever got rolling.
Insane is saying over and over that my taxes are low.
Insane is not listening to your commanders or own Father before embarking on a battle.
Insane is starting a major war with no thought of a clear outcome.
Insane is thinking the nation has forgotten Osama!
Insane is thinking most Americans will buy this recent fence across the border BS.
Insane is bowing down to President Fox!
Insane is spitting away the goodwill of the world soon after 9/11.
Want more?
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

lepomis_mcro

Quote from: troutjedi on October 31, 2006, 21:43:50 PM

He may have misspoken, but we're talking about John Kerry here - a guy who poo poo's our service men and women every chance he gets.  He'll get no sympathy from me.  What a panty waste....

whats worse a guy who may or may not poo poo on the troops, or someone sending them to die for lies?

i know what one i would pick

troutphisher

If Kerry is the best front runner for the Democratic party.....no thanks, I'll take Bush.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: troutphisher on October 31, 2006, 22:01:25 PM
If Kerry is the best front runner for the Democratic party.....no thanks, I'll take Bush.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

tw5270

Gofisher

Foamy is a sick, twisted, obnoxious, feline.....Oh wait, that sounds like the Dem Presidential candidate, Hillary-ious...
Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

lepomis_mcro

my vote is for bender