News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

not responsible...stay back 200'

Started by badankles, October 27, 2006, 19:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

badankles

what's up with that?  i'm seeing more and more of these lately.  just the other day, i pulled up behind one that had sprayed painted this by someone who couldn't spell "responsible".  i don't understand how they can get away with not being responsible.  >:(

i still got white paint drops on the passenger side of my truck from some idiot who left their paint cans dripping.  got a chip in the windshield of the wife's car.  and have had to avoid debris on the road during high traffic, which almost got rear ended by the tailgator.  o-o

sorry, had to vent....okay, better now...i'm heading out back to spray paint me a sign...NOT RESPONSIBLE, STAY THE **** AWAY!!!
when's a newbie no longer a newbie...

phg

They are not responsible for road debris that might get caught in their tires, and thrown up into you.

They are responsible for any damage done by anything that falls off their truck.  They are 100% liable for securing their load, regardless of what it is.

Now, all you need to do is get the license number of the truck that's dumping gravel as it flies down the road, or, at the least, the name of the hauling company.  Lots of luck.  The trucks are usually unmarked, and the license is almost always hidden from your view. 

red-haired-boy

Quote from: phg on October 27, 2006, 21:11:22 PM
They are responsible for any damage done by anything that falls off their truck.  They are 100% liable for securing their load, regardless of what it is.

Not if its a coal truck and you live in eastern Kentucky....

Russ

A guy in our office recently had a windshield broken by a gravel falling from a dump truck.  He was told by OUR insurance company that if the rock falls from the truck and hits the road and then hits your car, then it is considered road debris and they are not liable.  the only sense I can make of it is how would you determine if it came from the truck or from the truck's tires, it would be up to you to prove it and then it would only be your word against his endless you happened to be video taping the rock flling from the truck. so they make it once it hits the road then it is debris.  Don't know what they would have said if it was a ladder or something else. ???