News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Time to move?

Started by Woolly Bugger, October 17, 2006, 20:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phg

QuoteThe States have in fact become addicted to the MSA tobacco payments, kinda of ironic that they may end up promoting the sales of cigarettes as their MSA payment decrease as the tobacco industry declines.....

But isn't that just like the Lottery?  The state is stuck with promoting gambling....

I never thought the much bally-hooed lawsuit was anyting but a money grab.  At least some of the states are making good use of the money.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: phg on October 21, 2006, 19:27:01 PM
QuoteThe States have in fact become addicted to the MSA tobacco payments, kinda of ironic that they may end up promoting the sales of cigarettes as their MSA payment decrease as the tobacco industry declines.....

But isn't that just like the Lottery?  The state is stuck with promoting gambling....

I never thought the much bally-hooed lawsuit was anyting but a money grab.  At least some of the states are making good use of the money.

No, No, No, in NC it's an educational lottery...... o-o
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutphisher

I guess I'll have to wait for retirement to get stoned again, when the random urine testing stops, and I don't have to worry about loosing income.

Until then, I'll just go about the every day dull drums hopelessly waiting.

There is a town, in north Ontario, extreme comfort, memory to spare. In my mind I still need a place to go, all my changes where there.

Blue, blue windows behind the stars, yellow moon on the rise, big birds flying across the sky...They were throwing shadows on our eyes, leaves us helpless, helpless, helpess.......helpless.

Neil Young.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

flyman

Lottery? Look at the sale of the DEMON ALCOHOL that the state controls. How many lives have been lost and ruined by this demon in a bottle sold by the state.
Yea, I'm redneck, so what!