News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Why the counter on the Iraq war?

Started by chainsaw, October 20, 2006, 15:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chainsaw

Wondering what the counter is there for? I thought this was a fishiing site! Deleting my profile now, don't need this stuff. Good fishing to all!

Woolly Bugger

The "Cost of War" counter is for informational purposes only. You are free to make your own judgments about the war in Iraq.
This site does not support or condemn any political candidate or party. This item is in random rotation with the other ads, which include Cabela's, Orvis, Amazon, Woolrich, GM, Overton's, and others.

QuoteThe National Priorities Project (NPP) is a 501(c)(3) nonpartisan education and advocacy organization that makes its tools, resources, and data available to the general public. NPP does not support any candidate or political party. NPP's intention in making this information available is solely to educate the public on the impacts of federal tax and spending policies at the community level. NPP does not in any manner endorse or oppose any candidates for public office. Use of the information gathered by NPP or links to NPP's website by other organizations does not imply NPP's endorsement of the views or actions of such organizations.
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

trout_boy_II

The counter is a fact.  Since when do we Americans, not want to know the facts?

Counter is fine with me.

TB

troutphisher

I don't mind the counter, but I would like to see it speed up some. As a tax payer I like to see my dollars at work. I would rather spend the money now than pass this problem on to the next generation.

I would accept a tax increase if was going to wards the war effort, but I would like to see a few rules of engagement changed, to give our troops the advantage they need.

I would rather my money go to rebuild religious relics, than spend it on more troops and logistics, only to have these insurgents take shelter in a mosque, and kill our soldiers indiscriminately. Whats the cost of a building compared to an American soldier? Destroy the buildings and those in them would be my doctrine.

I would rather support a general who practiced the same tactics as General Sherman, who knew how to fight a war, and drain the enemies desire to continue.

Sherman knew all to well, the horrors of war, but more importantly he knew how to end them.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

lepomis_mcro

Quote from: chainsaw on October 20, 2006, 15:36:55 PM
Wondering what the counter is there for? I thought this was a fishiing site! Deleting my profile now, don't need this stuff. Good fishing to all!

good to know he was a open minded fan of hearing facts, and opposing views on thing.. ;)

im suprised he lasted that long on here, if thats all it took to get him to run off
(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

Brudog

Would seem to me with a name like "Chainsaw" he could appreciate money spent on guns and ammo ;D
"...I play real sports, not try to be the best at exercising! " K. Powers

Al

Quote from: troutphisher on October 20, 2006, 17:43:32 PM
I don't mind the counter, but I would like to see it speed up some. As a tax payer I like to see my dollars at work. I would rather spend the money now than pass this problem on to the next generation.

I would accept a tax increase if was going to wards the war effort, but I would like to see a few rules of engagement changed, to give our troops the advantage they need.

I would rather my money go to rebuild religious relics, than spend it on more troops and logistics, only to have these insurgents take shelter in a mosque, and kill our soldiers indiscriminately. Whats the cost of a building compared to an American soldier? Destroy the buildings and those in them would be my doctrine.

I would rather support a general who practiced the same tactics as General Sherman, who knew how to fight a war, and drain the enemies desire to continue.

Sherman knew all to well, the horrors of war, but more importantly he knew how to end them.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Way to go troutphisher!!