Wild stream in Burke County 09/16

Started by AV, September 19, 2005, 09:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AV

FKA: Always_Vacation

I decided to try out a stream that skunked me a couple of years ago. Managed to fish for four hours and catch a dozen brown trout with two measuring in at 11". The elevation was around 1500' and the fly that worked the best was a #14 Royal Wulff. I'll post a picture tonight when I get home of a beautifully spotted brown. A hint to the location is that you better make sure you have a 4x4 vehicle with some clearance if you want to get to the stream. I didn't see another person.

zzdruid

i haven't been in So Mtn in years. I hear that some of the smaller streams have a reasonable population of small stuf though
I could while away the hours, conversing with the flowers, conferring with the rain........ IF I ONLY HAD A BRAIN

AV

AV

and here are the flowers I brought home (picture only) to my wife so she'd let me go next time...

Woolly Bugger

good one AV - link the shortened name too...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

AV

Woolly - Notice the salmon in my profile picture? I caught that one off the Parks Highway North of Willow thanks to your advice.

brownhunter

Very pretty brown and great looking stream. Thanks for sharing your wonderful day with the rest of us.
"Why, he wondered, did rich people call it sushi while poor people called it bait?"   -- Same Kind of Different as Me

BoCash3

Great photos from my home county !

The flower is Lobelia cardinalis,  or Cardinal Flower.

One can find them in full bloom on many river banks right now.

Protect the Resource

<*))))><{

AV

Thanks BoCash3, now I'll be able to tell my wife what it is. She might get confused and think I have half a brain. : :o