News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

If you are headed to the OBX...

Started by fishchick, September 19, 2005, 08:59:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishchick

In November, and wish to be part of an BRFFF-sanctioned Happy Hour (Keith, may we?) somewhere on the sound, pm me with your dates, where you're staying, and your email address.

I'll collate the information, select the day which overlaps the most people/trips, and set it up!

FC

"Harker's...where 8 weights go, to die..."
Boonie

Peddler

October don't count?  ;)

With all the warm weather we've had, I kinda think there will be some good fishing action in late October too.
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

fishchick

No, October don't count!  I ain't settin up a cocktail party that I can't attend!   >:(    :D

shanktrout

ethomas

I'll be down that way almost every Thur and Fri in November ;D  It's only 45 minutes from the house "flying fast real low."  But I'm pretty sure ya'll would feel a little cramped with a Baptist preacher in the mix  ;)  I'd be happy to be designated driver.  I drive a Suburban and can carry a lot of folks, and it would be fun watching some try to fit in the preschooler's car seat ;D

ET

fishchick

ET - that sounds like more fun than a barrel of brookies!!   :D

Would you be able to get to Waves?  On Nov 10th?  It's a Thursday, and there seems to be some overlap there, with folks's trips.

If we could get a "pick up" in Waves, going out for cocktails and fish talk (and fingers) would be fun.

I know a few we could even strap to the roof rack.  You could use the outing for the basis of a sermon.  As in "this is why you don't want to become these people..."   :o

Shank - how does that fit your schedule?

shanktrout

FishChicken ;D- Where's Waves in relation to Harker's Island?

fishchick

Holy smoke.  I didn't know all that was as far apart, as it is.

Shank, maybe we can let you know when some of us visit Ocracoke (1/2 way between).

shanktrout

The only reason I bring it up is because as far as I know Cape Lookout is the only decent spot to land Albies from shore. I may go up there for 3 days next weekend.... a tad early but someone's got to be the explorer.

phg

Yeah, Cape Hatteras is better know for striped bass (rockfish for Boonie).  Your map doesn't mention that the ferry ride from Cedar Island to Ocracoke is 5+ hours.....  Shank would make better time taking I-95 to US-64 east.  I'm sure he knows the way. ;) ;D ;D

shanktrout

Paul or anybody else... I'm planning on heading up possibly this weekend and definitely next weekend if you're interested. Give me an e-mail if interested lambertj@soc.mil