smith spec regs sept 21st

Started by lepomis_mcro, September 22, 2006, 09:23:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lepomis_mcro

fished up on the smith yesterday, seemed to have the river to myself ;D

put in at rosemont and fished up past the mile marker 54, the only time i saw anyone else was on the way out. there were two guys just getting past the big bend up from the parking area.

the water temps at the time i took them were 54, water was very clear.

it made the dry fly fishing a lot harder than it was a couple weeks ago ;) i still managed to fool a few of them in the faster water, and riffles. in the slower water i had only a few hits, but nothing i could get the hook set into. so i switched to a little nymph and that did the trick
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

was a nice day to be out. wish the sky had a few more clouds to cut down on the shadows i was making, but beggers cant be choosers

oh yea, i  know one of you smith river regulars on here has been fishing with corn. but i dont think thats allowed on the spec regs...i wont turn you in this time, just make sure that was you last time ok ;)

i found your trail
(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

Woolly Bugger

now that's a nice little brow from the Smith! way to go LM!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutphisher

Nice report! Sounds like you had fun. That does look like some very good water.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

badankles

found my path marker, was using them so i wouldn't get lost back to the car....not for fishing...nuh uh.   ;) ::)

nice pics...were you wet wading?
when's a newbie no longer a newbie...

phg

//?... Ask ODG3 about wet-wadeing the smith.... ///?

Wish I coulda joined you.  I havn't gotten to fish much this month.   ::)

flyman

Put your corn in a baggie next time. It will keep it from falling of of the can all over everywhere ;D
Yea, I'm redneck, so what!

22midge

you put a row around your sleeve--roll-up--put another row-roll-up--about 4-5 rows will get you through the spec regs ;D ;D ;D
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

flyman

//? the sneaky just keep getting sneaker >:D
Yea, I'm redneck, so what!

troutphisher

Hmmmm.....recipe for a corn pattern something in yellow >:D but is it legal?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

lepomis_mcro

Quote from: trout-r-us on September 22, 2006, 18:50:10 PM
Earlier this week I saw the remains of a deer on the tracks between R53 and R54. I'm thinking the Norfolk Southern crew is baiting the tracks with deer corn and spotlighting them up there.

i didnt think of that ...there was a trail about a hundred yards long, ever few railroad ties had corn on them......did see a few worm containers however :(
(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.