News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Oh What A Fish!

Started by jscagline, July 31, 2006, 15:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jscagline

I fished a saltwater lake yesterday with my wife.  Its a pretty big lake with a ton of flounder, trout, and reds the size I have never caught before.  We got on the water about 9:30 am and threw some grubs and shrimp but didn't get a hit.  I switched over to a float rig and mud minnow and caught the biggest red of my short saltwater career!

He measured a little over 36 inches and was the most brilliant coppers and silver I have ever seen!  The fight lasted about 20 minutes and about broke the medium weight spin tackle I was using.  I wish I had a camera but even though I'm slowly loosing my mind, I'll never forget that fish!
0--0

Tight Lines!

Jim
The truth hurts but not as much as a gas guzzling, eco wrecking SUV hitting you at 100 MPH!  Yeah baby, yeah!

Woolly Bugger

good one jim...to bad you didn't have a picture to share...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

jscagline

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on August 01, 2006, 07:04:05 AM
good one jim...to bad you didn't have a picture to share...

I'm going to buy a cheap on because I know I'll ruin it but at least next time I can share the fish!  I did have my wife with me when I measured the red and dammit, she makes sure it is measured to the mm!  Doesn't like for me to stretch the truth! ;D
The truth hurts but not as much as a gas guzzling, eco wrecking SUV hitting you at 100 MPH!  Yeah baby, yeah!

Psycho_Fisher

THAT'S a nice red.  8) 

Here, I got a pic of it for ya.  ;D  >:D  ;)

Tight Lines & Put-Em-Back!

kylemc

jscagline

Quote from: Psycho_Fisher on September 13, 2006, 19:33:02 PM
THAT'S a nice red.  8) 

Here, I got a pic of it for ya.  ;D  >:D  ;)

...no, THATS a nice red!   0--0

You could use one of those scales for a guitar pick!

Jim