News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

spec regs area on the smith sept 3

Started by lepomis_mcro, September 03, 2006, 18:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lepomis_mcro

drove up to the great state of VA to fish the smith river.

where i took the water temp it was running around 60 degrees. the river had a very light stain to it

my fishing partner and myself, parked the car at the mirror plant. we walked down stream from there. after a little over a mile or so we hit the water. we both started subsurface, and right off the bat Mr_Mcginty hooked up to a nice brown. after a half hour or so of not getting a strike under the water. the fish started hitting on top, so i switched to a dry, and i didnt have to take it off for the rest of the day ;D.

the fish were very straight forward. as soon as your fly hit the water they would ether flee for their life, or smash the hell out of it. you didnt need a long drift, you knew right when it touched if you were getting the bite. there was not any of this maybe i will take it, or on second thought im not going too take it.

im not much on fish counting myself, but i would say somewhere in the teens were brought to hand, and i must have had close to 30 hits. out of one spot about the size of a VW bug, i had six takes, before i got a fish to stay on the hook on the seventh take

you should have came up woolly

i snapped a few pics of da meat

saw three live turtles, and two empty shells

river pic

it was a nice day to be out....i did see a suv with a Southern fly fishing sticker on it ;)
(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

Woolly Bugger

man I hate that! I've been programming a flash project all w/e long...getting close to being finished...

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutphisher

WOW!!!!
Those are some nice fish, the colors are great! Nice report and pics.... 0--0
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

phg

Looking good!  Them Smith River browns are pretty fish.  I need to get back up there a few more times before my license expires.

Al

Good show guys. I think a little stain in the water is good.

Going up for the SRTU meeting on the 7th and will give it a try then.