Wilson Creek Wild and C&R???

Started by Powderkeg, August 31, 2006, 16:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Powderkeg

As I still try to travel the state and look for new places to fish, I find many surprises.  My son and I recently went to Grandfather Mountain and started at the top of Edgemont Road with the plan of coming down Wilson Creek to the C&R/Wild waters that I have seen listed in the state reg's and on some research sites.  All I found coming down the montain was new yellow posted signs...everywhere.  I did not find any water on Wilson Creek marked as anything other than General waters.  This was the area down in the gorge and on down toward Brown Mountain Campground.  The area that I thought should have been the wild water around Edgemont and Mortimer was all posted.  Does anyone know anything about this area?  I would like to become more familiar.

I did take the trusty old map book and find another blue line in the area and manage a few fish.  But I would like to learn more about the Wilson.  I contacted the Rangers Office, but that was futile.  The little old lady on the other end of the line swore there were no posted areas on Wilson Creek.   

Thanks for the info,

Eddie

Woolly Bugger

C & R is the headwaters of Wilson on the slopes of Granfather... http://www.cs.unca.edu/nfsnc/nfnc_fishing/upper_wilson_creek_area.htm

Other C & R steam in that drainage is Lost Cove Creek
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!