News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Green River wild section

Started by troutphisher, August 27, 2006, 23:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutphisher

I fished the green river Sunday morning, the air temp was at 75 and the water was at 60 in most spots.
I fished above the narrows about a two miles up. They were generating, and they water was up.
I started the day fishing PTN's size 16 and 18. I fished near the bank and pocket waters. I caught some rainbows, and one small brown, working the flies near the undercuts, and under the branches.

I saw a light hatch of BWO's coming off around noon, that lasted for about an hour, but saw no rises in the section I was fishing. I moved up stream to find some slower water and fished a size 18 BWO.
It was slow, but I did get a couple of fish to rise. I moved to an area where the river widens out, and the current wasn't as strong, I was able to wade out to the middle of the stream, and fished a yellow sally near the grass banks. I got a brown to rise for it and he fought hard. I got it in quickly, and released it without pulling it from the water.

Later in the afternoon I saw some fish rising in a pool, so I watched them for a minute and left. It was good to see fish and flies, but I had to leave. Maybe they will be there another day.

I left the stream at 2:00PM and headed back, it was fun to fish, but the weather got hot.

Hear are a few pics of the river and fish.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.