Triangle FFF Club...Who's Interested?

Started by streamer, August 20, 2006, 19:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

streamer

I thought I had posted this before, but anyway.......

After speaking with Dave Duffy at some length both at the FFF SE Conclave and at the Smallie Show this past weekend, I am trying to start up a Tringle chapter of the FFF. The main requiements are that there be at least seven active members, so that we can have a complete slate of officers. The purpose of the club would be to promote flyfishing for all species at all levels, from beginner to veteran, as well as conservation/education, and actual funding contributions to selected worthy projects such as the mangrove restoration in Fla. after the recent hurricanes.

I hope that those of you in Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill and surrounding areas will be interested in an FFF club here in our neighborhood.

Please indicate your interest by responding to this post. After I get an initial list established, I'll contact everyone, and we can put together a first meeting where all the details can be hammered out. I plan to enlist the support of the local fly shops/outdoor stores, as well as the local press. I'm presently working on a location at which we might hold our meetings on a regular basis.

More info later, but for right now, let's get signed up and start rollin'!
Thanks!
Jule / Streamer
Remember...We all live downstream.

phg

Jule, you aren't immagining things, BRFFF lost about a week's worth of posts last week.  (It's not perfect, but it still has a better record than some other forums....)

As I said last time, I'm not much for joining a lot of clubs/organizations, but, as an unafilliated FFF member, I'm interested.